Department: Department of Recreation and Parks
Location: MD 20851, MD
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $18.00 Hourly
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for overall Box Office operations and House Management operations. All scheduled positions will be based on the staffing needs of that particular event.
- Box Office duties include, but are not limited to, greeting patrons at the ticketing windows, handling ticketing issues, answering the telephone, data entry, ticket and season package subscription sales, (cash, check, and credit cards transactions) distributing tickets, balancing daily cash, preparing financial and event reports, handling general marketing/advertising duties, general facility and cleaning/housekeeping tasks, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- House Manager duties include, but are not limited to, supervising the lobby and house before and during performances, supervising ushers to ensure compliance with policy and procedures, working with vendors and clients to ensure excellent customer service and compliance with policies and procedures, seating patrons, ensuring patron food and beverage rules are followed, curtailing disruptive audience behavior, (e.g. talking or photography), preparing House Manager reports, social event support and management, and general facility and cleaning/housekeeping tasks.
- Supervise and coordinate emergency operations:
- Know and follow City of Rockville all safety/emergency protocols.
- Understand and be ready to perform evacuations duties according to official policy.
- Become educated in ADA requirements to assure compliance.
- Get certified in CPR/First Aid/AED and function as first responder when appropriate (training provided by the City of Rockville).
- Fill out incident reports when appropriate.
- Communicate with technical staff to ensure events are kept at the appropriate pace, during the entire contracted event, from the start time through any intermissions to the end.
- Coordinate with technical staff and videographers/photographers for placement of cameras in the house and for their technical needs (power/audio signal feeds).
- Monitor user groups’ sales in the lobby (e.g. concession sales, flowers, merchandise, etc.) to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills a must! As an ambassador for the City of Rockville, this position must respond in a positive way to all audience, vendor, patron, and client requests.
Tuesday – Saturday, 2pm-6pm, plus weekend afternoons, evenings, night hours, and some holidays, all based on the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre and Social Hall events schedule.
Must possess excellent customer service, communication skills, and administrative skills. Ability to train and supervise people and use independent judgment and decision-making. Knowledge of program/ticket sales system, particularly ShoWare, preferred.
2-3 years job related experience. Computer experience and cash-handling experience required.
High school diploma or equivalent required. College preferred.
Visit https://bit.ly/3B7LHCz for more information.