Signature Theatre seeks a Box Office Manager to oversee all ticketing, subscriptions, and front-line customer service, as well as manage all ticketing processes in the Tessitura CRM software. Overseeing a team of eight full- and part-time associates, the Box Office Manager creates a ticket office experience which provides the best-in-class customer care for all guests. The Box Office Manager works closely with the Front of House Operations Manager, Ali’s Bar Manager, and the Marketing team to create a seamless positive experience from a customer’s first interaction with Signature through post-event follow up. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Box Office Duties:
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising performance of all Box Office employees. Responsible for creating an environment that runs smoothly and ensures guest satisfaction with their ticketing experience.
- Act as main point of contact for subscribers and single ticket buyers with ticketing issues.
- Responsible for Signature’s vital subscription campaign sales and fulfillment in a process where timing and accuracy is critical. Manage the subscription packages of high-level stakeholders and assist the Development department with major donors’ ticket needs.
- Work closely with Production and Front of House to ensure integrity of seating, including ADA compliance and quality of guest experience.
- Work closely with the guest experience trifecta in the Marketing department (Box Office, Front of House, Bar) to ensure guests’ experience while on site are second to none.
- Reconcile financial reports and ticketing transactions with the business office.
- Liaise with Marketing and Development teams to ensure that correct show/ticketing information and box office policies are communicated to guests.
- Act as Signature’s primary liaison with secondary ticket outlets and external producing partners.
- Lead the ticketing response to changing Covid-19 trends, including managing cancellations, reschedules, and virtual offerings; design campaigns to reach and resolve all affected reservations; assist Front of House department in educating patrons on and enforcing compliance with Covid-19 safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tessitura (CRM Database) Responsibilities:
- Annually build facilities, packages, performances, and auxiliary events in Tessitura CRM platform for subscription and single ticket sales.
- Manage inventory on secondary sales sites for maximum customer service and revenue potential.
- Implement dynamic pricing changes.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director of Digital Media and the Information Services department to ensure consistency between in-house and website sales and customer experience; develop and deploy Tessitura procedures needed to improve web purchase path. Cooperatively craft solutions for new challenges as Signature grows its virtual and off-campus programs.
- Build and support Education department’s registration-based programs for student engagement and retention.
- 2+ years’ experience in a managerial position for box office/sales/customer service teams.
- Knowledge of theater and/or performing arts.
- Authoritative, confident, and assertive leader.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and ticketing systems.
- CRM experience, especially Tessitura, preferred.
❖ Signature has instituted a mandatory vaccination program for all employees; the successful candidate must provide proof of an FDA or WHO approved vaccine prior to beginning work and must agree to adhere to all Signature safety protocols.
The Box Office Manager is a mid-level position and offers a salary in the mid $50s and an excellent package of benefits, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance; paid vacation, sick and parental leave; as well as complimentary and discount tickets. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position – 40 hours per week, including weekends and evenings. This is predominantly an on-site position with the possibility of occasional telework.
For consideration, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Signature Theatre is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.