The Communications and Social Media Manager manages and implements a comprehensive communication and social media program that showcases the impact of the organization’s work and engages our community. You will play a key role in telling the stories of the artists and projects we support and help raise the visibility of our organization. This position reports to the Director of External Affairs.
- Work with the Program staff to craft and share compelling stories about the organizations’ work and impact, using a variety of mediums such as blog posts, social media posts, and video content.
- Collaborate with the Director of External Affairs to develop and execute campaigns and initiatives. Media Management & Communications
- In cooperation with the Director of External Affairs, develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan, including the creation of press releases, newsletters, and other written materials.
- Assist with cultivation of media coverage in all markets, including arranging interviews, and overseeing management of media contacts throughout the region.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of Mid Atlantic Arts media and mailing contact list.
Social Media Management
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission and goals, including the creation, curation, and scheduling of engaging content that represents inclusion of the Mid-Atlantic region across all social medial platforms.
- Manage and grow the organization’s social media presence, including followers and engagement.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of social media campaigns and strategies.
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in social media and communication.
Organization and Community Support
- Actively participate in Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the organization, in the arts community.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of External Affairs.
The salary range for this position is $52,000-$58,000 commensurate with experience.
Visit https://www.midatlanticarts.org/about/employmentinternships/ for more information.