POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Communications & Marketing Specialist is a critical part of Strathmore’s Communications & Marketing team—supporting the department in a variety of ways including writing, editing, production and distribution of materials, and administration. The Specialist works closely with the Director of Marketing, Director of Communications, and Vice President of Communications to maximize the effectiveness of campaigns, storytelling, branding and other outreach.
Publications & Production (30%)
- Manage the creation of a variety of flyers, posters, signage, and other materials.
- Oversee the timelines and production for several major institutional publications such as the quarterly newsletter, keeping the team on schedule and on budget and ensuring high-quality results.
- Develop timelines for various initiatives to include all outreach activities and accounting for preparation and review time needs.
- Place orders for and manage the design of nametags, business cards, promotional items, and letterhead.
- Manage Strathmore’s publications and photo archives.
- Resize photos and otherwise prepare content for materials, web, and social media.
- Update and manage various sections of the website.
Writing & Editing (30%)
- Write and distribute media advisories, press releases, and programming guides to press under the guidance of the Director of Communications.
- Edit or proofread print and digital materials regularly to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Write copy for emails, promotions, and other materials.
Administration & Coordination (40%)
- Update community calendars and list-servs.
- Support Grassroots marketing efforts by coordinating with community members to arrange promotions.
- Maintain front of house marketing materials including brochures, posters, marquee, signage, and more in Strathmore facilities.
- Prepare materials for community events and distribute major publications throughout the community utilizing volunteer support and distribution companies.
- Represent the team at events and festivals in rotation with other staff and provide on-site support for media, groups, or photographers. Keep a schedule of these events and recruit volunteers when needed.
- In coordination with the Database Administrator and Analyst, create reports to measure the efficacy of departmental efforts.
- Help maintain and manage departmental contacts including media lists, grassroots organizers, etc.
- Research artists, events, and outreach opportunities to enhance marketing strategies.
- Coordinate marketing materials and space inclusion for partners and renters.
- Attend weekly marketing meetings and provide input into marketing and communications strategy, goals, and objectives. Take notes and complete action items from these meetings.
Works alongside team members to accomplish occasional, unplanned events and occurrences.
40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Satisfactory completion of this job is illustrated by successfully:
- Creating high-quality, consistent content and materials to elevate the Strathmore brand.
- Editing and improving materials.
- Strengthening the efficiency of the Communications & Marketing team through improved systems and by providing support to team leaders.
- Contributing to strong sales for shows and events on Strathmore stages and walls.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with fellow staff, patrons, partners, vendors, and volunteers.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing & communications.
- BA or equivalent certification.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience with Photoshop, web content management software (Umbraco specifically), Tessitura Software, or email automation software not required but helpful.
- Desire to grow, learn, and contribute to a team.
STATUS AND SALARY
This is an exempt full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience, in the range of $46,000-50,000 annually with a competitive benefits package. All contact and correspondence will remain confidential.
Visit https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5662261&B_ID=91&FID=1&Ad=&Refer=&ssbgcolor=&SearchScreenID=22963 to learn more and to apply.