REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications
SHARED DIRECT REPORT: Field Trip and Audience Development Coordinator
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION Status: Full-Time
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Partnerships Manager will be an essential member of our Marketing and Communications team, leading our efforts in building long-term, substantive, reciprocal relationships with organizations and individuals around the DMV to further realize the mission of Imagination Stage to empower all young people to discover their voice and identity through performing arts education and professional theatre.
The CPM prospects organizations and people to create promotional partnerships (via paid and organic lead generation), cultivates them through high-touch engagement, and converts them to group sales (paid and unpaid). The CPM meets new audiences where they are and prepares them for individual conversion, ensuring we have the diverse and thriving audience called for by our mission and values.
- Targeted outreach for all theatre productions (Mainstage, Theatre for the Very Young, Theatre for Change, and student ensembles), with the goal of long-term audience development.
- Creating collateral material for use in developing new audiences for our Access & Inclusion initiative, and off-site Education and Theatre for Change programs.
- Building relationships with service, community, and not-for-profit organizations to achieve audience goals in Professional Theatre, Education, and Theatre for Change (IStage’s three programming pillars), such as Jack & Jill of America, Boys & Girls Clubs, Rainbow Families, Reading Partners.
- Acting as marketing lead for Arts for All Festival and other public Imagination Stage events.
- Representing IStage at community events, occasionally on nights and weekends.
- Grassroots marketing.
- Creating partnerships and content for audience engagement lobby area.
- Strategic marketing of Field Trip performances, in conjunction with Field Trip and Audience Development coordinator.
Other Important Duties
- Driving implementation of marketing department Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) efforts.
- Assists in staffing internal and external events, which may require nights and/or weekends.
- Execute other duties as needed to support organization goals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- IStage seeks a candidate with at least 2 years of relevant or transferable experience.
- Computer literacy (specifically Google Suite, and Canva (preferred))
- Ability to direct and work on multiple projects at once.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to build relationships with people and organizations outside of their sphere.
- Ability to synthesize new situations and information and respond quickly with kindness and respect.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: $50,000-$60,000
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal, and Sick
- Commuter Benefit
- Free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Visit https://imaginationstage.org/news-events/careers/position-community-partnerships-senior-manager/ for more details and to apply.