Spooky Action Theater is seeking a creative and detail-oriented person to manage daily operations and oversee box office for both virtual and in-person presentations. The Company Manager provides basic accounting information, oversees the company’s CRM database, and files all relevant tax documents. The Company Manager reports to the Executive Director and leads the Staff in furthering and implementing the theater’s mission.
- Generate contracts for production staff and actors, including coordination of contracts with Equity and other unions
- Administer payroll (QuickBooks)
- Provide general bookkeeping and accounting
- Schedule bills and invoices
- Maintain a calendar of tax filings and payments due, file all tax documents and make all tax payments on time
- Provide monthly financial reports (QuickBooks/Excel)
- Assist in organizing space rentals
- Update spookyaction.org web page regularly (Weebly)
- Answer phones and admit appropriate people into the building
- Set up box office ticket sales for productions
- Track audience attendance and assemble production sales reports
- Maintain CRM database of patrons, artists, contractors, etc.(PatronManager/Salesforce)
- Manage box office sales online and by phone, keep up-to-date with tablet box office app user interface, hire and train box office associates for performances
- Work with actors, directors, and others to schedule special workshops and events
- Maintain office supplies, digital and paper files, and scan and format documents,
- Manage relationships with press contacts, ticket distributors, others in the theater industry
- Prepare playbills and other print materials for all events, readings, and productions
- Assist with grant applications
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external audiences through exceptional personal presentation and persuasive writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with good skills in learning and utilizing industry standard software.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment stressing mutual support for common objectives.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the organization.
The Company Manager will begin remotely with a salary of $35,000 a year and transition to full-time in-person by August 1, 2021.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to the Executive Director at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Spooky Action Theater is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms of employment within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Spooky Action seeks to engage a diverse staff from widely varied backgrounds that reflect our artistic goal of exploring the rich diversity of human imagination and experience.