There are no recent bookmarks.
The Coordinator of BSO at Strathmore Events manages the in-person, donor-facing logistics associated with Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) at Strathmore concerts and donor events – at The Music Center and at offsite venues. This is a part time position (15-20 hours per week) with primary work hours on weekday afternoons and weekend evenings (Thursday through Saturday, some Sunday afternoons). Included among the Coordinator’s responsibilities is coordination with BSO and Strathmore staff, caterers, and volunteers for the Comcast Lounge, the BSO at Strathmore’s premier donor benefit for concert experiences. This role is an important member of the BSO’s Advancement and Engagement team with a focus on the Strathmore/Montgomery County event experience, working closely with the VP BSO at Strathmore.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Donor Lounge and VIP Front of House Coordination: Manage vendor & volunteer relationships around BSO at Strathmore concerts, including providing reports and lists associated with Comcast Lounge and VIP experiences.
o Coordinate with BSO ticket office (for comps and other VIP specials), Strathmore operations team, and the contracted valet company for the best possible patron experiences; coordinate with on-site catering for Comcast Lounge as necessary.
o Manage volunteer Comcast Lounge host scheduling.
o Stock and display Overture Magazine and other relevant BSO collateral.
o Appropriately address any patron concerns or comments regarding concert experience.
· BSO Event Assistance: Provide on-site support for BSO Advancement events and community outreach in the Strathmore market.
o Prepare and manage internal communications such RSVP lists, Event Timelines, and circulate for review and approval prior to event.
o Manage RSVPs, including follow up phone calls as necessary to drive attendance.
o Liaise with off-site vendors, caterers, hosts, volunteers and other staff to confirm day of timing and logistics, serving as day-of point of contact.
o Support BSO Advancement events outside of Montgomery County as required, including limited Governing Members Lounge support at Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.
· Office and Misc. support:
o Attend event meetings with BSO and Strathmore as required.
o Reconcile event and lounge attendance in Tessitura in a timely manner.
o Misc. duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
· Energetic and action-oriented with strong attention to detail.
· Dedication to delivering exceptional customer experience.
· Primarily based in Montgomery County – knowledge of Strathmore market a plus!
· Strong and effective interpersonal communication skills.
· Comfortable with learning and utilizing technology – experience with Tessitura CRM a plus!
· A background and/or interest in symphonic music is desirable, but not required.