Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is seeking a dynamic, strategic Director, Marketing to manage comprehensive marketing, sales, and promotional initiatives from research and planning to execution and analysis. The position is responsible for promoting and publicizing the Foundation’s arts and education programs through paid media in print, broadcast, online, and electronic communications, as well as through direct mail and audience development promotional activities. Managing a team of three, the successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while building effective relationships with other Foundation departments, agencies, vendors, and marketing and media partners to advance the Foundation’s strategic branding, marketing, and sales goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales and Marketing Management:
- Develop and implement comprehensive concepts and strategies to promote and secure earned revenue in support of Wolf Trap’s artistic seasons, and educational and mission-based programs including Wolf Trap Opera and Wolf Trap Education.
- Lead strategic marketing initiatives in alignment with revenues goals for 200+ performances annually across three venues (The Filene Center, The Barns at Wolf Trap, and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods).
- Build and manage innovative and impactful marketing campaigns through planning and implementing the production, placement, and billing of print, radio, television, out of home, digital, direct mail, email, and grassroots efforts for effective promotion of performances, as well as Wolf Trap Opera and Education programs and activities.
- Generate ticket sales and marketing reporting and data analytics to determine effectiveness of marketing initiatives. Share analysis and recommendations for campaign adjustments to leadership and communication and marketing teams, as well as other stakeholders, to achieve organizational goals.
- Oversee marketing budget, expenditures, and invoice processing, and adjust accordingly based on the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns.
- Oversee, manage, and implement non-paid promotions with area businesses, media, and artistic partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise the Manager, Marketing and Manager, Audience Development and Marketing using management best practices in alignment with the Foundation’s goals and values.
- Liaise with artist management and internal teams to communicate project developments and marketing campaign initiatives in support of Foundation and Programming and Production teams’ objectives.
- Oversee activities and responsibilities of marketing team, including performance advertising and sales, direct mail, advertising sales, promotional partnerships, group sales, and community/audience development initiatives.
- Partner with the Foundation’s Development team to develop and implement promotional campaigns associated with underwriting sponsorship and philanthropic partnership agreements.
- Manage outside vendors, agencies, consultants, freelancers and other supplier relationships, including contract negotiation.
- Represent the Foundation at area and on-site marketing events and activities across the greater Washington, DC region.
- Oversee press office and/or on-site media at select performances.
Visit for more information: https://bit.ly/3AbAXjg