Levine Music is a welcoming community where children and adults find lifelong inspiration and joy through learning, performing, listening to, and participating with others in music. Levine’s core values – excellence and opportunity – infuse everything we do. Our distinguished faculty offers a broad and well-rounded curriculum that provides a strong musical foundation for students of different ages, abilities, and interests. We strive to make Levine’s education available to everyone. Hundreds of students receive substantial scholarship assistance; many hundreds more receive free instruction through fully funded in-school programs.
Position: Director of Annual Giving
Job Site: Levine Music, DC Campus: NW
Reports to: Vice President of Development
The Director of Annual Giving has principal responsibility for implementing Levine’s fundraising strategy in support of the Annual Fund and Annual Gala, including launching a recurring giving program. The Director oversees all mail and electronic solicitations pertaining to the Annual Fund and maintains a personal portfolio of donors giving under $1,000 providing stewardship through an effective annual giving calendar and communications plan. Additionally, working the Gala Committee, the Director implements all solicitation strategies related to the March Gala, Levine’s largest annual fundraiser. This position frequently liaises with the Finance Department and works closely with the Development Manager to ensure all gift entry is done effectively, efficiently, and acknowledged in a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Annual Fund – Initiate, coordinate, draft, and implement standard solicitations for all annual donors giving under $1,000, including direct mail, in kind donations, online giving, and pledge reminders. Maintain Annual Giving calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep annual giving cycle on track. With the VP of Development, establish long-term goals and objectives towards new lower dollars donor acquisition and growth.
- Recurring Giving Program – Design, promote, cultivate, and steward the successful launch of Levine’s first ever campaign for recurring gifts.
- Gala Sponsorship – Working with the VP of Development, coordinate and manage the timeline, collateral production, and solicitation of sponsorships for the annual Gala. Ensure successful communication with sponsors confirming benefits delivered, and attendance confirmation.
- Donor Stewardship – Cultivate and help maintain good relations with frequent contact with donors, while also developing new relationships with prospects. Draft acknowledgment letters and track follow-up. As required, and in partnership with the Director of Development Services, oversee additional stewardship needs by President & CEO and others including emails/videos, holiday card mailings, invitations to special events, and personal calls.
- Development Communications – Write, design, and send out regular correspondence on programs and events relevant to Development’s strategic goals and objectives in partnership with Communications department on a pre-established and coordinated timeline with distribution to Levine’s mailing list. Monitor and update the Development section of the Levine website.
- Donor Research – With other members of the Development team, support the efforts of the Development Committee by participating in prospect research, identifying major donor prospects, and collaborating on solicitation strategies.
- Database Management – Partnering with the Development Manager, ensure timely recording and acknowledgement of gifts. Participate in maintaining accurate, up-to-date records in Raiser’s Edge. Generate monthly reports towards benchmark outreach and fundraising goals for development departments.
- Volunteer Management – Work with the Director of Development Services to recruit, train, motivate and manage volunteer leadership to accomplish annual fund and event fundraising goals.
- Special Event Oversight – Design, implement and oversee Levine’s newest Development series, Family Rug Concerts, while brainstorming other events to build community and engage our youngest families. Also provide support for all Development events as necessary. Attend and staff several events per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
For more details, visit: https://www.levinemusic.org/about/employment/director-of-annual-giving/