There are no recent bookmarks.
About Baltimore Clayworks
Baltimore Clayworks (BCW) is a community-centered ceramics institution founded in 1980 in the Mt. Washington neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland. The mission of Baltimore Clayworks is to develop, sustain, and promote an artist-centered community that provides outstanding educational, artistic, and collaborative programs in the ceramic arts. Its core values are artist-centeredness, excellence, inclusivity, integrity, and joy. BCW is committed to promoting diversity, equity, access, and inclusion in all aspects of the organization. We seek to attract a diverse applicant pool for this position.
BCW seeks an innovative Director of Artists and Programs (DAP) to elevate the impact of its mission. The DAP will oversee and expand the education, artist residency, exhibition, retail, and outreach programs. Successful candidates will possess a deep commitment to developing and nurturing ceramic artists, teachers, and students.
• Develop, articulate, and execute a clear artistic vision aligned with the mission of BCW.
• Expand the organization’s programmatic excellence and its established presence in the Baltimore community and in the field of ceramics, nationally.
• In collaboration with department managers, direct and lead the artistic vision for the resident artist programs, exhibitions and shop, classes and workshops, and community arts programs.
• Forge an effective working relationship with the Executive Director, developing planning strategies to balance artistic ambition with available resources.
• Collaborate with staff and Board to accomplish long-term strategic goals, including virtual content, audience development, and fundraising objectives.
• Manage Artist Residency program, providing leadership and mentorship to resident artists.
• Spearhead strategic partnerships with artists and community.
Visit https://bit.ly/3teJdNu for more information.