Director of Community Partnerships
Levine Music is a welcoming community where children and adults find lifelong inspiration and joy through learning, performing, listening to, and participating with others in music. Levine’s core values – excellence and opportunity – infuse everything we do. Our distinguished faculty offer a broad and well-rounded curriculum that provides a strong musical foundation for students of different ages, abilities, and interests. We strive to make Levine’s education available to everyone. Hundreds of students receive substantial scholarship assistance; many hundreds more receive free instruction through fully-funded, in-school programs.
The Director of Community Partnerships provides leadership in developing Levine’s presence in the community and managing our school-based educational and performance programs. Working alongside department chairs and colleagues, the Director develops partnerships with outside organizations, partner schools, community programs, and designs curriculum and other associated materials.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Collaborate with the education team to develop a systematic, process-driven approach to develop and grow relationships with community and educational partners
- Work to develop a partnership model that prioritizes deep collaboration, shared responsibility, clear understanding, comprehensive teacher training and on-boarding, and co-promotion
- Work with the Vice President of Music Education to recruit, recommend, and evaluate partnership faculty and performing ensembles
- Maintain current partnerships and work to identify new opportunities by researching new school and community partners/sites, identifying key players, and generating interest
- Develop programs, budgets, and systems for tracking data and other related requirements for specified grant-funded programs such as after-school (OST) and summer initiatives (SYEP).
Administrative Oversight of external programs
- Work with the Vice President of Music Education and finance department to negotiate and finalize agreements per Levine’s contract guidelines and policies
- Maintain and generate reports on the status of partnerships and impact statistics
- Develop and monitor the partnership budget in conjunction with the CFO and the Vice President of Music Education
- Coordinate with Levine’s development and marketing departments to produce accurate reports and promotional materials around funding for existing, new, and proposed programs.
- Cooperate with the education team to assure that performance goals are met for faculty and students.
- Keep abreast of important educational developments both regionally and nationally, and work with the marketing department to promote the School’s image and to maintain its high profile so that it is viewed as a leader in the field of music education and performance.
- Develop and maintain contacts in the music education field, especially within the realm for community arts education.
Commensurate with Experience – $65-80k
Visit https://www.levinemusic.org/director-of-community-partnerships/ for more information.