This position is ideal for someone with previous nonprofit experience interested in furthering a career in fundraising-development, grant writing, individual giving, donor relations, and administration. Priority focus is on candidates who currently operate in a fundraising management role and are seeking to take on director level responsibility, with resource support for professional development. In addition, this position requires a person who is dedicated to supporting Arts for the Aging’s culture of collaboration, compassion, and innovation, its values of community outreach, participatory engagement, and respect, and one who is dedicated to aligning programs, practices, and communications accordingly.
The Director of Development, in collaboration with the Director & CEO and other members of the Staff, is responsible for securing and maintaining public and private institutional funding through the writing and submission of grant proposals and reports, and for raising unrestricted and restricted revenue from corporations and individuals. The DD works with a contracted Grant Writer. As Arts for the Aging builds the development department, oversight will extend to a Grants Coordinator, a full-time new hire anticipated over the next six months, and the phasing out of our contracted Grant Writer.
Fundraising and Grant Administration and Support:
- Execute annual development plan and refine, as needed.
- Lead grant proposal development, funding requests, and report writing and collaborate with contracted grant writer. Assist Grants Coordinator (anticipated hire date by year end 2022) in identifying and cultivating grants and track pre-and post-award funder deadlines.
- Partner on the submission of funding requests (e.g. drafting and compiling necessary documents to create an application package).
- Oversee the grants and contracts calendar.
- Produce and manage mailings, fundraising appeals and online campaigns, including creating mail merged documents, and donor acknowledgement correspondence templates.
- Maintain digital communications such as e-newsletters and social media calendars pertinent to fundraising activities, and produce online campaigns.
- Oversee Administrative Manager to process and enter payments for donations, make calls to donors regarding declined or expiring credit cards, document gifts, prepare acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and other correspondence.
- Collaborate with the Director and CEO position to re-institute board-hosted fundraising events which were put on hold during the pandemic.
- Participate in trainings and webinars as needed.
- Support Grant Coordinator in conducting preliminary research and analysis to identify, qualify, and select prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donor.
- Track donor opportunities, research prospects, and support proposal development.
- Establish and manage donors to move them to higher level or engagement and higher levels of giving.
- Collaborate with Administrative Manager to assist with maintaining donor/donor-prospect database, software tools, and systems. Create and generate revenue, donor information, fundraising, ad hoc, and audit reports.
- Collaborate with Administrative Manager regarding donor database and financial systems to ensure accurate information and reporting.
- Track institution grants and the move management process (set goals, create a plan, record, etc.).
Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned.
Salary range: $50,000 – $65,000 commensurate with experience.
Click here for more information.