Director of Finance
This is a Director level management position responsible for working with the CEO to drive the financial planning and reporting by analyzing its performance and risks. The director of finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting and business principles. This is a hands-on position that will work collaboratively with all department directors and managers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Traditional Accounting function including financial dashboards, sets company accounting policy in terms of procedure and information flow. Responsible for day to day activities of the accounting operations, initiating and recording all accounting transactions.
- Monthly Financial Statements – provides initial review and adjustments to monthly trial balance; prints, issues and reviews financial statements with department directors and the Board of Directors.
- Periodic financial review – interprets monthly financial statements and prepares quarterly report of expenditures as required by Montgomery County contracts; prepares monthly billings for County service contracts; prepares quarterly reports as directed by the CEO.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Contract implementation – consult, prepare and implements contract guidelines and costing for all contracts; administers all contracts as negotiated by MCT.
- Cash flow management and banking – monitors cash flow and needs for the CEO; monitors all bank accounts. Prepares and reconciles all bank accounts. Develop and maintain bank relationships.
- Budgeting – Assists the CEO in developing the annual budget; administers approved budgets.
- Spreadsheet analysis – develops and maintains spreadsheet analysis of various fiscal information as determined by the CEO.
- Tax Preparation and Reporting –Review submission of all taxes and returns.
- Accounts Receivable Billing – monthly billing and reconciliation of all clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA Preferred.
- Experience using Solomon accounting software including the following software modules General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Payroll, Cash Manager, Shared information and FRx. MS Offices, Excel, FAS System.
- Strong knowledge of Non-Profit organizations and grant accounting and fundraising.
- Experience with banking institutions.
- 10 years management experience
- Experience in preparation and submission of 941’s, property tax returns; W-2’s and 1099’s; state tax returns; sales tax returns
- Ability to work independently on a number of different projects simultaneously, reprioritizing as needed.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
For more information and to apply, click here.