POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Director of Individual Giving is a new position and will serve as a strategic and mission-driven frontline fundraiser. Reporting to and partnering closely with the Vice President of Advancement, the Director of Individual Giving will spearhead the growth of contributed revenue opportunities from individual donors and family foundations.
With an emphasis on major gift strategies, this position is responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing donors and identifying new prospects capable of 5-6 figure gifts. Following a donor-centric approach, the Director of Individual Giving creates a meaningful giving experience for donors through excellent customer service and engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Relationship Management (70%)
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors, family foundations, and prospects of meaningful capacity by utilizing fundraising best practices to help Strathmore achieve short and long-term fundraising goals.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio by creating a personalized cultivation plan and individualized goals and strategies for each donor/prospect that is driven by the intersection of the donor’s passions and interests and programmatic priorities and needs of Strathmore.
- Grow individual donor base by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting new prospects, moving them through the pipeline in an intentional and systematic way.
- Analyze and predict portfolio’s propensity, capacity, and enthusiasm to give.
- Partner with the Donor Engagement team to provide exceptional stewardship, including recognition, communication, and reporting on the gift’s impact.
- Record and update interactions in Tessitura, Strathmore’s CRM, including actions and notes, proposals, and other pertinent information, in a timely manner.
- Represent and support Strathmore, as necessary, at events, meetings, and other activities.
- Work closely with the President & CEO and Vice President of Advancement; support their cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts by creating donor profiles, briefing materials, and talking points; leverage their leadership in giving strategies; share progress updates regularly.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify programs and initiatives that require funding or may be of interest to potential prospects.
- Connect with colleagues to secure relevant project information, including budgets, to create proposals.
- In tandem with the VP of Advancement, build, maintain, and update relevant individual giving fundraising budgets and projections and assist in maintaining dashboards and other reporting tools for senior staff and board members.
- Coordinate with the Director of Donor Engagement on direct response strategies as relates to mid-level and major giving.
- Develop bold giving and engagement ideas through a collaborative process with the Advancement team and colleagues, based on research and experiences with donors.
- Understand popular planned giving vehicles and team up with the Director of Donor Engagement to maximize planned giving opportunities.
General Duties (10%)
- Attend weekly advancement meetings and provide input into fundraising strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Attend and support Strathmore performances and donor-related events in rotation with team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
A COMPETITIVE CANDIDATE IS
- Driven, organized, and an effective communicator with experience closing 5 to 6-figure gifts using donor-centric relational approaches.
- Naturally empathetic, with the ability to connect, listen, and be responsive to donor needs.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of fundraising strategies and methods.
- Experienced in planning and implementing long-and short-range goals to meet established priorities.
- Passionate about the arts and arts education and can confidently and clearly communicate Strathmore’s mission and work.
- A spirited thinker who anticipates needs, contributes creative ideas, and proposes solutions with strong decision-making capability.
- Resourceful and takes initiative to investigate and resolve questions.
- Flexible in approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access.
Satisfactory completion of this job will include:
- Designing and executing major gift strategies from identification to solicitation and stewardship.
- Managing time, resources, and workload to maximize productivity and financial results, while maintaining a clear view of how each advances the institution’s mission.
- Demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively one-on-one and to small groups.
- Exhibiting proficiency in listening to understand donor motivations and build trusted relationships.
- Displaying a high level of tact and diplomacy with donors, board members, volunteers, and staff at all levels.
- Fostering teamwork, and working cooperatively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Performing with a high-level of discretion, professionalism, and integrity, demonstrating an understanding of ethics with the ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Articulating Strathmore’s mission, goal, and needs with confidence.
- Displaying a high degree of dependability and reliability.
- Taking initiative to try new methods and fundraising strategies.
- Thinking in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience in the range of $75,000 to $85,000 annually.
For more details and to apply, visit: https://www.strathmore.org/about-us/employment-internship-and-volunteer-opportunities/employment-opportunities/