The Director of Marketing and Communications for the Chadwick A. Boseman College of Fine Arts plans, executes, and evaluates a comprehensive marketing communications strategy and implements communications from the College to its faculty, staff, students, alumni and the general public. This position works collaboratively with members of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, Office of University Communications, and the College of Fine Arts to ensure consistency of messaging and promotes the overall institutional goals related to communications and marketing, engagement, and philanthropy.
Responsible for orienting and training others, and assigning and reviewing their work. May also be responsible for acting in a “lead” or “senior” capacity over other positions performing essentially the same work, or related technical tasks and reporting to a higher level on a formal basis.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal contacts include administrators, faculty, students and staff of the department and the University at large. External contacts include consultants, vendors, representatives from other colleges and universities, visitors and the general public.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy that promotes the College’s academic programs, research, initiatives, and events to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and oversee all communication channels, including website, social media, email marketing, print materials, and media relations in coordination with Office of University Communications.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to develop content for a variety of communication materials, including press releases, newsletters, brochures, speeches, and presentations.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of messaging, key College priorities and strategies across all marketing and communications channels and materials.
- Serve as managing editor of the College of Fine Arts e-newsletter publication and coordinates content and tone.
- With specific counsel from the Office of University Communications, ensure all marketing campaigns offer major online components that include: Digital Email Campaigns, Websites and Social Media.
- Serve as a conduit for Development and Alumni Relations and University Communications to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, community partners, and media outlets.
- Strategize, write, edit, and manage creative collaborations, press releases, announcements, etc., for events and programmatic activity for the College and student marketing.
- Manage print projects and marketing campaigns for events and programs.
- Help generate ideas and execution for potential video concepting and production.
- Identify other ways to market the College’s message and campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage and trends to identify opportunities and challenges for the College.
- Strategize and oversee all College promotional products in coordination with University branding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information, visit: https://howard.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/HU/job/Lulu-Vere-Childers-Hall/Director-of-Marketing-and-Communications_JR104005-1