The Baltimore Museum of Art seeks a Director of Public Engagement. This position is responsible for shepherding the museum through intentional relationship building as the BMA continues to grow and nurture existing and new audiences. We are looking for a dynamic, empathetic, and effective arts leader to steward the BMA’s community partnerships, engage deeply and authentically with the many publics with which the museum is in relation, and be a vital part of our evolving mission of social engagement and artistic excellence. The Manager of Public Engagement and Public Engagement Coordinator report to this position. This position reports to the Chief Education Officer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee public engagement strategies for BMA exhibitions and collection reinstallations, both in the museum and communities around Baltimore.
- Create and oversee a 5-7-year roadmap for public engagement at the BMA.
- Oversee the activities, structure, and staffing of satellite locations, including the BMA Lexington Market program.
- Oversee the BMA’s community advisory groups, across the institution.
- Act as the staff liaison to the Board of Trustees Public Engagement Committee.
- Shepherd longstanding existing relationships, including the Joshua Johnson Council, the nation’s oldest African American art museum affiliate group and the Greenmount West Community Center partnership.
- Nurture a growth-focused and empathetic work culture that supports the Public Engagement team in its efforts to pilot, reflect, retool, and adapt in an ever-changing cultural landscape.
- Work with a diverse group of colleagues across the institution to engage existing and new museum audiences and stakeholders.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the Baltimore arts ecology and beyond to deepen relationships and develop strategic community partnerships with the BMA.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Marketing and Experience Division to connect the BMA with Baltimore-area communities.
Visit https://cdn.artbma.org/2023/03/08151736/Dir-of-Public-Engagement-FINAL-03-07-2023.pdf for more information.