The Director of Public Information, a senior leadership position, is responsible for meeting organizational priorities and strategies for ArtsFairfax’s public information services and for executing the organization’s strategic plan. This will include all communications, public relations, website, digital media and collateral to consistently articulate ArtsFairfax’s mission, strengthen brand awareness and provide timely information to key constituencies. The Director is expected to represent ArtsFairfax positively to all constituencies: the general public, arts & cultural community, county and elected officials, and media. The position also oversees arts information collection and utilization. The position manages a full-time Digital Media and Outreach Manager. Additional full and/or part-time positions are projected in the next year.
- Plan and manage public information services to achieve ArtsFairfax mission, goals, and strategic objectives
- Promote ArtsFairfax and share information about the arts in Fairfax County through website, social media, press releases and media coverage, and various information vehicles to the general public and arts and cultural community, and other constituencies.
- Establish goals and metrics for ArtsFairfax communications, analyze results, and provide reports on activities.
- Manage ArtsFairfax’s website and Google Ad Grant.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships.
- Lead the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, blogs, annual report, e-newsletters, videos, and arts event listings for the Fairfax County website.
- Develop and implement promotional strategies for ArtsFairfax including specific programs and services, e.g. Grants, Arts Awards, Artist Residency Program, Public Art and Creative Spaces activities.
- Develop and coordinate feedback mechanisms and/or activities to obtain information on the needs and health of the local arts and cultural sector.
- Manage one full-time position for social media, website and other assignments as needed and intern or contractual services as needed.
- Manage communications technology and support contracts.
- Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed for public presentations.
- Serve as staff manager to ArtsFairfax Board Communications Committee (advisory).
- Develop cross promotional partnerships with county agencies and community organizations.
- Develop and manage information services annual budget in coordination with President & CEO.
- Plan and manage the collection of arts information and data to produce reports that support public information services, advocacy, and ArtsFairfax’s planning and evaluation of mission services.
- Work with Americans for the Arts’ Arts Economic Prosperity report to gather local arts information once every five years for national arts impact comparison and local arts advocacy. Supervise contractor to assist in this process.
- Gather and analyze external information relative to arts activity, funding, policies, and services, as needed.
- Gather and analyze internal information to utilize in planning and services (i.e. data culled from grant. applications, community surveys, and other market studies).
- Manage intern and/or contractual services as needed
Visit https://artsfairfax.org/employment-opportunities/listing/director-of-public-information-full-time/ for more information and to apply.