The Director of Special Events and Rentals will be responsible for continuously improving and managing the rentals program, in collaboration with BlackRock’s leadership team, in a manner that provides high quality client services to ensure their special event is successful and strives to maximize the rental program. They are responsible for ensuring a premier experience for all who inquire about rentals at BlackRock; in person, by telephone, or through digital correspondence, as well as executing superior rental events. They may also play a crucial role in the planning and execution of BlackRock’s own special events.
The ideal candidate will be committed to BlackRock’s mission to bring performing and visual arts experiences to diverse audiences and providing accessible opportunities to engage in the arts. In addition, the candidate will exemplify a commitment to BlackRock’s mission to bring performing and visual arts experiences to diverse audiences and providing accessible opportunities to engage in the arts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Special Events and Rentals will:
- Collaborate with BlackRock’s leadership team in managing and continuously improving the rentals program.
- Respond to rental inquiries in a timely manner, provide clients with tours of spaces available to rent
- Manage rentals income, expenses, and budget.
- Coordinate the marketing plan with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Manage and train staff on how to support rental events according to BlackRock standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with long-term rental clients and partners.
- Provide leadership, education, and training to staff and intern(s).
- Collaborate with leadership team in planning and executing BlackRock special events.
- Communicate and share event details cross department to meet client’s expectations.
- Oversee the process of external rental of BRCA facilities.
- Negotiate contracts and execute paperwork forrentalof Center space according to parameters set by the Board of Directors.
- Write accurate rental quotes following BlackRock rental rates and policies.
- Use ActivNet to manage facility usage reservations and take client payment, insuring payments are received in a timely manner.
- Work with the Technical Director to arrange special lighting and audio-visual details.
- Coordinate with Patron Services Director to ensure adequate staffing of rentals.
- Create floor plan diagrams, event checklists, and set-up sheets to prepare for day-of event management.
- Oversee preparation, execution, and strike of rentals with assistance from event staff.
- Meet with clients, caterers, and other outside vendors for orientation and event planning.
- Create and manage list of preferred vendors.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4-year undergraduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in event planning, marketing, sales, or related experience
- A high level of attention to detail, combined with the ability to be flexible, take initiative and work collaboratively
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of evenings, weekends, and holidays dependent on scheduled rentals and special events
- Superior customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts, insurance, and various vendor relationships
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Effective written, research, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Superior project management skills and the ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Creative thinking with an ability to use data to inform decisions
- General knowledge and appreciation of multi-disciplinary arts programming
- Expertise in project management as it relates to event planning and health and safety
- Strong critical thinking skills and proactive problem-solving ability
- Ability to work well with a team, both as a lead and in a supporting role
- Strong computer skills required; solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace Suite is required
- Comfort level with organization’s software programs, Wix and ActivNet preferred
- Positive attitude and friendly spirit, culturally sensitive. A sense of humor is essential
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a diverse team-based environment
- Exemplify a commitment to BlackRock’s mission to bring performing and visual arts experiences to diverse audiences and providing accessible opportunities to engage in the arts
Visit https://www.blackrockcenter.org/careers for more information.