The PBS Foundation provides philanthropic support on behalf of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and its member stations. In supporting PBS, the PBS Foundation seeks private funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations for priority initiatives and carries out such activities as prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor stewardship; generation of proposals; grants management; and management of the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
The Executive Assistant provides critical, high-level administrative support to the Foundation’s Executive Director and Deputy Director.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
- Proactively manage the Executive Director’s and Deputy Director’s calendars and schedules, anticipating and addressing their needs and ensuring that identified priorities are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the Executive Director and Deputy Director are appropriately supported before and during trips and meetings, including preparing itineraries, creating and coordinating materials, and using judgment to provide other relevant information.
- Screen and coordinate communications, correspondence and requests, identifying which issues require the attention of the Executive Director and which issues should be routed to the Deputy Director.
- On behalf of the Executive Director and Deputy Director, proactively follow up with appropriate staff on project status; establish and maintain tracking/feedback system to ensure issues are recorded, addressed, and resolved.
- Handle confidential matters for the Executive and Deputy Directors as requested, including liaison and support with the PBS Foundation Board of Directors and committees as well as helping to traffic and manage frequent interactions with station General Managers and Chief Development Officers.
- Provide decision support for the Executive Director and Deputy Director (e.g., research strategic issues and coordinate with other departments to secure materials requested).
- Represent the Executive Director among a wide array of external constituents via phone, email, and in-person.
- Prepare documents, letters and other correspondence for the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings or other events for the Foundation, including securing venues, preparing relevant materials and coordinating all logistical details.
Click to view the entire job description and apply.