The Theatre Lab School of the Dramatic Arts seeks experienced Finance and Operations Manager to join its dynamic team.
Founded to make the artistic, personal, and professional benefits of high-quality dramatic arts instruction accessible to adults and youth in the Washington metropolitan area, The Theatre Lab provides exceptional theatre education to students from beginners to professionals in a setting that strives to be antiracist, equitable, and culturally aware; generous need-based scholarships that remove economic barriers to community participation; and innovative drama outreach to traditionally underserved youth, adult, and senior populations.
The Finance and Operations Manager oversees the day-to-day financial and administrative operations of The Theatre Lab, a non-profit organization with an annual budget of 1.5M. This position is responsible for managing all accounting and banking functions for the organization, and works closely with the Co-Executive Directors to generate and track budgets for both internal and external reporting. In addition, the Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for human resource management and performs other administrative duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Co-Executive Directors.
- Manage the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the organization (in QuickBooks), including accounts payable and receivable, inventory and capital assets, banking, and payroll functions
- Maintain student payment plans
- Work closely with the Co-Executive Director in charge of Development to handle revenue for all development initiatives, including but not limited to monitoring all grant budgets and grant-related financial information, processing and tracking all forms of donations, tracking use of restricted funds, producing revenue reports, and processing income from fundraising events, including major annual gala
- Allocate administrative overhead to classes and programs
- Work with CPA firm to coordinate annual financial audits and oversee Form 990 reports
- Work with Executive Directors to facilitate the annual budget process
- Provide monthly and quarterly financial reporting and analysis of financial statements, including statement of activities, fund balance, and sources/uses of funds, to the Co-Executive Directors and the Board of Directors
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board Finance Committee, coordinating meetings and taking minutes
- Oversee office management including, but not limited to, telephone and internet services, connecting with building management, postage and UPS services, copier and all lease equipment
- Analyze and organize office operations and procedures to increase efficiency and productivity
- Work with payroll company to coordinate payroll for Theatre Lab staff, faculty and contractors
- Maintain updated contracts for employees
- Coordinate healthcare and other benefits for FT staff
- Respond to Department of Labor and IRS requests
- Track employee leave
- Request, pay, and follow up to obtain licenses for theatrical productions
- Work with providers to maintain appropriate D&O, Liability, Workers’ Comp and other insurance
- Provide administrative assistance, including oversight of contracts and management of vendor accounts and relationships
- Work with a team of staff members to meet organization’s strategic objectives
- Provide office support as needed, including: answering phones, taking course registrations and providing customer service, and other duties as assigned by the Co-Executive Directors
To learn more, visit: https://theatrelab.org/now-hiring-finance-and-operations-manager/