Open Date: 8/14/2023
Close Date: 8/30/2023
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Manager, Group Sales and Grassroots Marketing is a key member of the Marketing & Communications team at Strathmore, responsible for successfully building attendance and revenue for groups, establishing beneficial partnerships, and employing creative tactics to increase single ticket sales. The Manager identifies and exploits special sales and/or promotional opportunities for Strathmore concerts, memberships, workshops, gallery exhibitions, afternoon teas, and special events.
This position serves as the frontline liaison between the Strathmore marketing department and key community entities such as: embassies and consulates; corporate and non-profit entities; tourism agencies; schools and religious organizations; community and professional groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales, Partnerships, and Community Outreach (70%):
- Manage all sales and marketing initiatives for Group Sales.
- Perform research and identify appropriate target markets for Strathmore and various events.
- Effectively communicate to promote concerts, events, and initiatives.
- In partnership with prospective group or community organizers, customize packages and promotions to maximize attendance at events.
- Work in partnership with the marketing team and the Manager, Community Engagement to conceptualize potential partnerships that strengthen events while helping the organization to reach new audiences.
- Respond in a timely manner to group sales inquiries and provide excellent customer service at all opportunities.
- Meet groups on site to ensure a smooth experience when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain proactive, productive relationships with group, business, cultural, and community patrons.
- Strategize and develop new sales, promotional, and outreach ideas from concept to execution.
- Develop and maintain database of sales prospects and community contacts targeted to specific Strathmore programs.
- Plan and lead community meetings with local interest groups as necessary.
- Coordinate distribution of flyers and other collateral materials in the community.
- Attend various community events as a representative of Strathmore.
- Process group ticket orders for Strathmore and its partner organizations including reservations, billing, discount processing, revisions, payments, and event services.
- Develop and regularly evaluate promotional sales policy, rules, and procedures.
- Employ Tessitura database as it relates to special sales and promotions.
- Set up group ticketing blocks with exclusive codes for use by patrons from specific target groups.
- Manage the invoicing process for groups, ensuring timely payment and careful management of inventory.
- Troubleshoot and resolve ticketing and customer service issues.
- Attend marketing meetings to contribute creative ideas and discuss targets for grassroots and group outreach.
- Record, report, and analyze group sales data.
- Create sales forecast and set performance goals.
- Track effectiveness of grassroots marketing tactics.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director, Marketing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (communications, business, or arts management preferred) or equivalent.
- At least 2-5 years of prior sales and/or marketing or community engagement experience (cultural arts preferred but not required).
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Familiarity with Tessitura software for customer relationship management and ticketing.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience, in the range of $46,000-50,000 annually with a competitive benefits package. All contact and correspondence will remain confidential.
For more information, visit: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5710760&B_ID=91&fid=1&Adid=&ssbgcolor=&SearchScreenID=22963&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2