REPORTS TO: Sales & Guest Experience Senior Manager
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
DEPARTMENT: Patron Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full-Time, Weekends required during runs of shows. Monday – Friday during off-season.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for supporting the Sales & Guest Senior Manager with special attention to managing public-facing responsibilities. Primary work focuses are front of house, public spaces, scheduling, and fostering a warm and welcoming environment for all guests, including students participating in our summer camp programs and attending our theatre tailored towards young audiences. The Guest Experience Manager also supports box office operations as primary manager on duty.
Front of House
- Recruit, train, schedule and manage volunteer ushers; Maintain external websites for volunteer coordination, create usher sign-up forms, send reminder emails.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and manage paid house managers.
- Work with the production team to ascertain and deliver FOH needs for each production.
- Thoroughly train all part-time front of house staff prior to their shifts on all procedures and serve as on-the-ground support to ensure they are comfortable and accomplishing tasks proactively.
- Serve as lead House Manager that coordinates house management and usher programs.
- House manages shows as needed, but no less than three times per week during the run of shows.
- Update and maintain House Management Manual.
- Create and maintain House Management checklists.
- As part of the guest experience and sales team, collaborate with marketing, facilities and production departments to resolve front of house challenges, including signage, seating and other concerns as they arise.
- Serve as on-site contact for ASL-interpreters connecting them with Stage Manager when they arrive and being sure they have chairs in the appropriate place on stage.
- Coordinate processes for field trips with Field Trips Coordinator.
- Maintain the lobby’s Audience Engagement Area.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department and potential community engagement partners on what is presented in the Audience Engagement Area.
- Send targeted communications to patrons/ticket holders (ex. pre and post-show communications).
- Maintain Imagination Stage brand and common areas for guests, such as lobby, reception and concessions, including having collateral marketing materials available for visitors in the display at reception desk.
- Provide support during special events as required.
Box Office Management
- Serve as deputy for Sales & Guest Experience Senior Manager.
- Manage team communication around day-to-day policies, procedures, and promotions. Be the first line for questions and support.
- Serve as Manager on Duty when scheduled, selling tickets, processing subscriptions and resolving guest experience concerns, including day-of operations such as concessions, box office, and post-show fundraising opportunities.
- Work with Database Manager and Sales & Guest Experience Senior Manager to ensure accurate and consistent use of Tessitura database by all team members
- Manage, track, and fulfill external ticket donation requests.
- Enforce Imagination Stage Box Office policies and procedures, including box office security and cash handling procedures.
- Assist with phone sales, registration and field trip support as needed; assist Patron Services Department as needed with other Box Office duties.
- Process daily close-outs in Tessitura.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: $50,000-$60,000
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal, and Sick
- Commuter Benefit
- Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Visit https://imaginationstage.org/news-events/careers/guest-experience-manager/ for more details and to apply.