Arts for Learning Maryland, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s foremost arts-in-education non-profit organization. The Maryland chapter of Young Audiences/Arts for Learning (A4L) provides more than 9,000 arts education opportunities to nearly 200,000 students, artists, and educators throughout the state each year. A4Lis a mission-driven organization that values community, innovation, and passion. The staff, board, and teaching artists have a shared commitment to advance equity in the field of education by working tirelessly to generate opportunities for students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a full time, exempt position that will report to the Human Resources Manager (HRM). This position will work with the HRM to assist with, coordinate, and track HR processes to ensure the department runs smoothly.
Human Resources Process Coordination: 45%
Serve as the lead HR team member to coordinate various employee processes:
- Assists HRM with onboarding and offboarding processes including new hire paperwork, equipment delivery and retrieval, exit interviews, coordinating onboarding and training, as well as sending any relevant new hire documentation to new employees, their supervisors and other departments as needed. This includes sending information on 90 day check ins and annual performance reviews.
- This includes assisting with the onboarding and offboarding of temporary program employees during the summer and fall.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, making sure the HRM and Finance have all of the paperwork needed for payroll onboarding, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Might assist with onboarding or other HR presentations if HRM is not available.
- Administers health plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Manages the background check process for employees and contractors.
- Assists with COVID vaccination data collection and follow ups.
- Works with the Operations, Office and Inventory Coordinator to manage artist insurance processes for independent contractors.
- Works with HRM to manage and process paperwork for promotions, and performance evaluations, as well as track and follow up on those pending.
- Assists with the recruitment process by posting jobs on recruitment websites, creating candidate tracking spreadsheets, coordinating interviews, collecting interview documentation, assisting with employment verification and reference checks, and sending out rejection emails.
General Human Resources Coordination: 50%
- Assists with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests. Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to HRM or COO.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Assist HRM with administrative HR tasks and documentation.
- Maintains accurate and up to date digital HR files. This includes organizing and updating the internal computer drive that has employee files, general HR documentation and other copies of employees’ and department records. Updates and maintains employee directories/spreadsheets, and works with
Communications and Data & Systems Manager to keep the website staff director and organizational chart up to date.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects. Serves as being a liaison between employees and other departments, including Finance, for employee related paperwork, like updated tax forms.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
Other duties as assigned: 5%
This position is a full-time, salaried position has a salary range of $40,000 to $44,000 based on experience. We offer an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision health care coverage, retirement contributions, paid sick leave, and vacation time.
Visit for more information and to apply.