This position is located in the Office of Data and Evaluation, Office of Chair, National Endowment for the Humanities. The Office of Data and Evaluation (ODE) supports the NEH in its goals of equitably fostering humanities in the United States by evaluating grant programs and their impact against the national humanities landscape.
Open & closing dates
07/06/2023 to 07/31/2023
$112,015 – $172,075 per year
The position provides high-order conceptual, analytical, technical, and reporting skills to support ODE’s mission. The Incumbent is responsible for extracting, integrating, cleaning, and analyzing large, complex administrative datasets, including the Agency’s Electronic Grants Management System (eGMS), to produce narrative and statistical reports, dashboards, tables, charts, and other data visualizations that describe the Agency’s program activity and communicate its impact and effectiveness to senior staff, other Agency offices and divisions, or external stakeholders.”
Duties goes as follows:
- Reporting on and evaluating NEH activities against agency impact, equity, performance, and other goals.
- Designing automated systems to extract machine-actionable information from non-standardized PDF reports using natural language processing, language models, and other modern text analysis techniques.
- Supporting agency-wide data collection, storage, and sharing.
- Responding to time-sensitive ad hoc requests for data reports from White House, Congressional, or NEH representatives involving data pulling, manipulation, transformation, and analysis.
- Preparing reports and briefings for communicating with senior staff and fulfilling the Agency’s annual performance plan.
- Supporting agency-wide data culture, compliance, and other needs.
- Developing metrics, models, and experiments for program evaluation and in support of
- Designing and implementing data interfaces and dashboards.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizen
- Relevant experience and/or education
- Favorable background investigation
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service
Visit https://www.usajobs.gov/job/735706500 for more information.