In this position, you will serve as Information Technology Specialist (Enterprise Architect). Typical work assignments include:
- Develop and maintain the agency’s enterprise architecture, including technical standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with the current version of the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Maintain an enterprise architecture document repository.
- Designs, develops, and manages information technology solutions to meet current and future agency mission requirements that enhances or optimizes the existing architecture and technology.
- Work with business owners across the NEA to identify areas for automation. Lead and implement automation solutions for the business lines.
- Collaborate with multiple business process areas to define the product and work with the various stakeholders to define what is important to have in the product and prioritization of features.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to management and stakeholders on current technologies and best practices in support of its mission.
- Provide guidance to leadership on implementation of business enterprise/ business system architecture and capability portfolio management.
- Serve as a contracting officer representative (COR) for IT contracts; participates and leads procurement actions.
- Serve as IT Business Architect with responsibility for overseeing an EA contract and advising the CIO and other staff.
- Lead projects for enterprise architecture studies to identify and determine business and technical requirements, architectures, infrastructure necessary to effectively support the NEA.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Selective Service registration required.
- Complete the initial online assessment and USAHire Assessment, if required
- All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/ Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the Basic Requirements AND Minimum Qualification/Specialized Experience requirements as noted below.
You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies:
(1) Attention to Detail: developing parameters for complex agency enterprise architectures;
(2) Customer Service: assessing the needs of IT stakeholders;
(3) Oral Communication: leading, influencing and persuading employees and managers to accept and implement findings and recommendations;
(4) Problem Solving: identifying complex IT and business process problem areas and providing comprehensive solutions.
Specialized Experience:GS-14: You qualify for the GS-14 grade level if you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level performing the following duties:
1) Experience developing an organization’s enterprise architecture;
2) Experience introducing, assessing, and recommending new software technologies, automation, and technical standards that align with the organizational strategic plan for modernization; and
3) providing advice on the operations of organizational computer systems, software, networks and security both in the cloud and data centers.
$132,368 – $172,075 per year