In 2020, Docs In Progress moved the Fellowship Program to a virtual world, opening the program to a more diverse set of filmmakers. Starting in 2023, the now Legacy Fellowship has been refocused to serve those filmmakers who already have a story treatment and are about to embark on principal photography and/or ready for post production. Documentary Filmmakers, who are still in development and need assistance, should apply for Docs’ new fellowship program for Documentary Story Development.
COHORT MEETING DATES: 7 TUESDAYS – 5/23, 6/20, 7/25, 8/22, 9/26, 10/23, 11/28 FROM 7:00-9:30 PM (virtual-Zoom)
FEES: There is no application fee. If accepted into the Fellowship Program, Fellows pay a participation fee of $550 (due in full before the programs starts).
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Thursday, April 27 Midnight
The Legacy Fellowship experience includes:
- Accountability: By setting realistic goals for progress. By having monthly check-in sessions with the facilitator and peers, Fellows are more likely to make significant progress with their films than by going it alone.
- Expertise from seasoned documentary industry professionals who serve guest presenters on topics ranging from impact producing to editing to distribution.
- Exclusive networking opportunities with past Fellows as part of our larger Fellowship network.
- All in a safe zone where constructive advice and feedback is fostered.
Other Benefits for Fellows:
- A professional development voucher which can be applied to a one-day or one-evening Docs In Progress program during the course of their Fellowship.
- A 60-minute consultation with Docs In Progress about their work-in-progress. The consultation can focus on mentoring, assistance getting a project ready for a work-in-progress screening, Fiscal Sponsorship, or questions related to structural development, fundraising, or outreach. A Docs expert will be assigned depending upon the fellow’s need.
- Featured as a Fellow on the Docs In Progress website, including a photo and information about their work-in-progress
- Fellows will receive added consideration for Docs’ Trailer Night and Work-In-Progress screenings
- Become part of our 90+ Alumni Fellows network at the conclusion of the Fellowship.
For more details and to apply, visit: https://www.docsinprogress.org/legacy-fellowship