Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Manager, Artist Services who will be responsible for the overall artist experience leading up to and including day of show needs for performances at Wolf Trap’s 7,028 capacity amphitheatre The Filene Center, located in America’s only National Park for the Performing Arts and at the 382 capacity theatre The Barns at Wolf Trap located next to our Center for Education. This position will work closely with the Program and Production team to properly execute contracts and advance shows with artist teams, ensuring all artist needs are met prior to their arrival and are monitored once on site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all Artist and touring crew on-site experiences at The Filene Center and The Barns, including catering, hospitality, dressing room set-ups, rider fulfillment, special touches to enhance the backstage and artist gifts.
- Facilitate transportation as needed for visiting artists and production teams.
- Collaborate with Production Managers to ensure proper execution of overall on-stage and backstage activities and proper communication to full Program and Production team on the days’ events.
- Create shopping lists and coordinate hospitality deliveries from vendors in order to keep The Filene Center kitchen fully stocked throughout the summer season.
- Provide on-site day of show artist services support at The Filene Center and The Barns performances as assigned.
- Research, devise, and recommend backstage and artist experience improvements to the Vice President, Program and Production to ensure Wolf Trap Foundation continues to provide a positive experience for artists and crews from start to finish.
- Manage the interview and hiring process for seasonal stage door staff, production assistants, drivers and hospitality staff for The Filene Center and execute weekly payroll.
- Train and supervise all seasonal employees and create and manage weekly work schedules.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors for The Barns and The Filene Center, including caterers, florists, etc.
- Process and reconcile department invoices, check requests, credit cards and other expenses.
- Maintain and continuously update databases, digital and printed archives for The Filene Center and The Barns performances.
- Maintain Program and Production database for upcoming shows and historical information from past shows.
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information visit: https://bit.ly/2YSTIui