About The Kennedy Center
“I am certain that after the dust of centuries has passed over our cities, we, too, will be remembered not for victories or defeats in battle or in politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit.” – President John F. Kennedy
The Kennedy Center is the nation’s cultural center and living memorial to President John F. Kennedy. Located on the banks of the Potomac River in Washington, D.C., the Center presents performances across all genres, and is also home to artistic affiliates Washington National Opera and National Symphony Orchestra.
Mission Statement: As the nation’s performing arts center, and a living memorial to President John F. Kennedy, we are a leader for the arts across America and around the world, reaching and connecting with artists, inspiring and educating communities. We welcome all to create, experience, learn about, and engage with the arts.
The Kennedy Center Marketing and Sales department is charged with planning, creating and optimizing all marketing communications to promote performing arts and other events at the Center and in offsite communities. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Analytics Manger will advance data collection and analysis to inform advertising and sales, strategic planning, and patron experience decision making. This position will also work closely with the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Chief Strategy Officer and the business intelligence and CRM teams within the IT department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the goals of campaigns and marketing activities and collaborate with marketing team to derive relevant metrics, targets, and data collection strategies and communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Create data visualizations that illustrate trends and inform decision making. Effectively communicate research and insights findings to all levels of the organization to help guide strategic decision making.
- Monitor ongoing analytics such as website traffic, email campaign results, and social media activity. Collaborate with Capacity Interactive on our Google Analytics implementation. Set hypotheses, conduct A/B testing and make recommendations for optimization of marketing campaigns using both Wordfly and Google Analytics data.
- Perform analytical strategic “deep dives” into trends, including preparing thought-guiding materials and metrics for various Kennedy Center Boards, including the WNO, NSO, and Kennedy Center Boards
- Create and maintain statistical regression analysis across genres to inform revenue projection process. Maintain models for forecasting revenue for performances during the sales cycle. Use machine learning tools to help revenue projects get even more accurate. Build predictive models that help solve complex business problems.
- Develop recurring reports focused on end user experience and share reports cross functionally. Integrate external data sets from research and surveys into customer data for analysis. Work to help clean and standardize marketing data collection and data input into Tessitura.
- Plan and execute audience survey strategy, including collaborating with consultants on baseline audience surveys, planning and coordinating intercept surveys for capturing information from millennium stage audiences, and maintaining and reporting on our triggered post performance survey.
- Maintain regular sales reporting, including daily sales reports, daily forecasting reports, and weekly sales reports for all Kennedy Center programs.
- Report on audience insights including demographic and geographic trends across genres and over time.
- Create and manage cross-departmental after-action reviews for select events and campaigns.
- Establish best practices for segmentation, forecasting, targeting, analysis, and execution of CRM programs across all genres. Manage segmentation strategy for all marketing lists.
- Evaluate data needs of various marketing and web staff and work with IT team to ensure data is available, reliable, and appropriately secured. Work closely with the BI teams and the CRM teams in the IT department as the representative for marketing in conversations regarding systems upgrades, prioritization of projects, and other moments that need marketing representation.
N/A Responds to the needs and requests of Kennedy Center management and staff in a professional and expedient manner; Adheres to all employer policies and procedures.
N/A Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years’ proven experience in analytics and/or marketing analysis
- Experience in the arts or entertainment industry preferred
Skills & Knowledge Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and e-commerce tracking
- Experience with customer relationship management databases and ticketing software, Tessitura preferred
- Working knowledge of data visualization principals and experience using data visualization software
- Understanding of marketing principles and common metrics
- Desire to work on both technical and non-technical projects
- High personal productivity and attention to detail
- Understanding of basic data science and principles of statistics
- Ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently, under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication, particularly the ability to effectively communicate to non-technical audiences regarding technical matters.
- Familiarity with SQL and Machine Learning a plus
Visit https://bit.ly/3L097ff for more information.