About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
Our core values are:
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (Byachad) We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh vHaGuf) We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Why this role matters:
The Bender JCC seeks a highly creative and collaborative Marketing Associate to help tell the Centers story on social media and provide key marketing and communications support for the Bender JCCs day-to-day operations and major projects and initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging professional who wants to develop their marketing skills.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, knowledgeable, and self-starting individual who is proficient in content creation for social media and email, possesses strong writing and communication skills, and has a knack for making their creative visions come to life. The Marketing Associate will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will support the Marketing Director and the marketing team.
- Implement and maintain the Bender JCCs master marketing and communications calendars, ensuring the information is accurate and that content publishes as scheduled.
- Write and edit copy for content marketing projects including but not limited to emails, website posts and updates, social media posts and direct mail. Ensure all content communicates the Bender JCCs brand voice and personality.
Maintain an updated list of community partners and promote Bender JCC events, programs, and resources on partners community calendars, websites, blogs, etc.
Social Media, Email, and Website
- Manage the Bender JCC’s social media presence across all platforms and implement strategies that expand brand awareness, grow audiences, and increase engagement.
- Manage the audience communities on each social media platform and respond to all inbound comments and messages to our social media platforms and to our website.
Manage the Bender JCCs website content, including creating and posting content, monitoring and responding to comments and registrations.
- Monitor social media performance through platform analytics, KPIs and dashboards and advise the CMO on all relevant audience insights gleaned from social media analytics. Track and analyze our Search Engine Optimization using Google Analytics 4
- Produce all email communications (including weekly e-newsletter and bi-monthly departmental emails).
Content Creation and Strategy
- Create, distribute, analyze, and optimize content – including copywriting, copyediting, and basic graphic design – across all marketing channels.
- Attend important Bender JCC events to document the program (through photos and videos) and create content for marketing channels.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position, with an annual salary between $40,000 – $50,000, commensurate with experience. The Bender JCC provides a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, and a flexible working environment. You’ll also receive a full family membership to the Bender JCC, including complete access to the entire fitness facility and pools, plus staff discounts on programs and services.
Visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=91759&clientkey=12491F8C122FEF5A72B143F78BC5575C for more information.