There are no recent bookmarks.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator, School of Music is a member of the College of Arts and Humanities’ Marketing and Communications team. The Coordinator supports the marketing communications priorities of the School of Music (SOM) and reports to the Director of Marketing and Guest Experience. The Coordinator provides marketing communications support to the unit Director and serves as the main point of contact for unit faculty as well as programming leads; and supervises Graduate Assistants. The Coordinator is directly responsible for executing the unit marketing communications plan, which supports key events and priorities both internally and externally with a specific focus on crafting compelling content for print publications, website and social media, video, advertisements and grassroots efforts. As a content curator and creator, this position requires story mining and research, writing and editing in a variety of styles and content project management along an editorial schedule. The Coordinator will work closely with other MarCom colleagues to drive awareness, participation and brand recognition for the performing arts at Maryland, which includes the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library, School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies and The Clarice, both on and off campus in support of reputation and brand management, student recruitment, fundraising and audience building. This position also works to ensure SOM visibility in the campuswide Arts for All initiative, which leverages the arts, technology and social justice to address the grand challenges of our time.
Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, arts management, music performance or a related field.
Two years of professional experience in marketing, communications or a related field with proven results working either in-house or at an agency, planning and executing marketing and communications strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
– Superb writing and copy editing skills for web and print communication, as well as superior organization and attention to detail; demonstrated knowledge of AP style preferred.
– Experience managing complex creative projects as well as meeting and coordinating deadlines and deliverables.
– Experience with web content management and email marketing systems and various social media platforms.
– Proven ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative creative, marketing, digital and communications team.
– Superb interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
– Commitment to/interest in the performing arts.
– Background in the performing arts or experience with performing arts institutions.
– Experience in a public higher education institution.
– Knowledge of Podio or other project and client management software.
– Experience with Adobe creative suite.
– Learn more and apply here: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/95998
– Best consideration date is 06/18/2022
– View University of Maryland job benefits: https://uhr.umd.edu/benefits