The Montgomery Community Media (MCM) Education & Community Engagement (ECE) Department Media Production Manager is an enthusiastic individual who is engaging, congenial, organized, hard-working and has a “can do” attitude. Candidate must be reliable, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and personable. Meticulously detailed individual, who is technically astute but also has a mastery of both communications and people skills. The ideal candidate will also be capable of resolving production issues with our member while coordination with other departments. Marketing and education curriculum development is a plus. This is an in-person office position that will be divided between our headquarters in Rockville and our Media Lab in Silver Spring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain records on status of all content production activities by MCM members.
- Schedule and ensure proper utilization of MCM ECE facilities and personnel for production.
- Work within strict media deadlines.
- Oversee member in-studio productions.
- Ability to address questions and concerns of project team, management, and Members in professional and confident manner.
- Consults with the Director of ECE to determine most efficient execution of production curriculum.
- Manage and oversee the MCM Membership Content Management System.
- Assist instructors in all aspects of media training, which may include field production or studio classes.
- Act as an MCM representative supervising member edit sessions, studio bookings or productions.
- Develop and maintain data reports relating to production, programming, equipment utilization, and outreach.
- Work closely with the Production Department in scheduling and managing member productions to include scheduling the studio(s), podcast studio, scheduling the instructor and MCM crew.
- Coordinate resources for volunteers, including facility reservations and disseminating calendars.
- Answer calls and emails requesting ECE information. Direct and refer calls to appropriate staff.
- General office duties that will include, but not limited to filing, data entry, typing, copying, and scanning documents.
- Provide customer service to facilitate member productions to ensure quality content creation, including coordination of production resources and assisting in the use of production equipment and facilities.
- Provide consultation and instruction to volunteers in the development of their production plan(s)/treatment(s) to ensure a well-coordinated production, including follow-up critiques to improve future productions and identify future needs.
- Coordinate staffing to ensure volunteer production specifications are met.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of programs for distribution via MCM’s cable channels, or web outlets, including program intake/processing, data input, library maintenance, technical screening, and inventory control. Ensure proper coordination of programs via pro-active communications with clients and staff.
- Provide social media and promotional guidance to the Marketing department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
For more information, visit: https://www.mymcmedia.org/jobs/#mepm