WHO WE ARE
Arena Stage is the voice of American theater resident in our nation’s capital. Focused on American artists, our productions are innovative and representative of stories from across the country. We nurture new plays and reimagine classics. We celebrate our democracy and diversity through a multitude of voices in our productions and community engagement programs to inspire people to action.
WHAT WE VALUE
A work culture that values experimentation and collaboration.
Excellence in all aspects of our endeavor.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion throughout the Organization and within our audience and the community.
Community Service through education and public engagement.
Lead effective partnerships and collaboration to serve artists and arts professionals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will oversee Arena’s broad-based annual giving programs, engaging donors who contribute annually. In addition to stewarding existing members, You will focus on growing individual contributed support by building and coordinating strategic donor acquisition programs and donor strategies. You will report to the Director Strategic Giving and serve as supervisor and coach to the Membership Assistant.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent (combination of education, training and work experience)
- 2+ years of experience administering a membership program and/or working in a similar capacity within a Development Department/Non-Profit Sales.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written communication in an interpersonal or group setting.
- Creativity, strategic thinking, and careful attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of and ability to use database like Tessitura and other technical resources effectively.
- Prior supervisory experience a plus.
- Cultural Institution and/or performing arts background preferred.
- Connection to and passion for the mission of Arena Stage
Manage renewal and stewardship strategy of the CAST membership program (40%)
- Coordinate mail, email, and other forms of communication, to renew, reactive and engage existing members.
- Supervise inbound donor communication, providing additional support and ensuring superior customer service.
- Plan outbound donor content marketing, including member newsletter stories, interviews, videos, social media.
- Guarantee timely and compelling gift acknowledgement process for individual donors.
- Create and launch member gratitude, stewardship, and engagement initiatives to strengthen donor relationships.
- Develop and execute successful strategies in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of membership donors through a variety of philanthropic channels.
Expanding the CAST membership program (25%)
- Build and implement strategy around acquisition efforts, with a particular focus on subscriber-to-member pipeline.
- Craft and execute successful initiatives to upgrade existing members.
- Raise funds by personally cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors when appropriate.
- Work across departments to integrate sales and fundraising strategy and ensure culture of philanthropy and opportunities for contributed support are present throughout organization.
Data management, reporting and Analysis (15%)
- Establish and track progress toward measurable individual giving goals and expense projections.
- Use data to make strategic decisions about allocation of resources and implementation of membership-focused efforts.
Team collaboration and Supervision (20%)
- Supervise Membership Assistant in ongoing individual giving efforts and in professional development growth.
- Work with Director of Development Operations and Events to create and staff member events.
- Work with Planned Giving Specialist to identify and cultivate prospects for planned gifts.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Strategic Giving team to identify prospects for increased giving potential at the Inner Circle and Major Gift levels.
- Partner with Audience Services Department to coordinate ticketing and membership promotions and to help train front-line sales staff for successful fundraising tasks.
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications Department to maximize current fundraising messaging and find new avenues to promote philanthropy across organization-wide communication channels.
- Staff development and training activities, as needed.
- Other assigned tasks and duties as required to support the Development Department.
Visit https://arenastagejobs.applicantpro.com/jobs/2155667.html for more information and to apply.