Sandy Spring Museum is a private, independently operated museum located between Washington DC and Baltimore. The Museum is in an exciting period of growth – embarking on a new strategic vision, which opens up the interpretation of local history to the entire community. We are looking for a team member who has experience working in a community-focused organization, who brings energy, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial approach to his/her work, and who is creative and self-motivated.
This position is responsible for serving as the main staff person during virtual programs, evening and weekends hours, and special events.
Maintain a safe and stable environment for public enjoyment.
- Unlock all doors through which the public enters at the beginning of shift.
- Turn on lights in exhibit hall, gift shop, and other public areas as necessary.
- Ensure that all patrons, staff and resident artists are out of the building before leaving.
- Lock all doors and set alarm when leaving building if you are the last person on site.
- Turn off all lights when leaving the building.
- Respond to emergencies in the facility, such as fire, accidents, theft, and so on as necessary.
Serve as customer service representative during shift.
- Serve as the virtual host for online programs.
- Greet patrons as they enter building.
- Track and record attendance.
- Receive admission fees or donations.
- Handle gift shop purchases.
- Answer questions and direct visitors in professional manner.
- Be aware of current and upcoming events in order to provide timely, accurate information about museum
- Answer phone calls, take messages, and forward calls as necessary.
Serve as the main staff person during special events, both during open hours and after hours.
- In addition to the above, serve as the main point of contact during event rentals.
- Set up and break down tables and chairs as needed; must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Assist facility renters as necessary with all requests.
- Ensure that all rental contract rules are adhered to.
- Complete Event Rental Inspection form at the completion of the event.
Click here to learn more and to apply!