A key part of the Performing Arts Readiness project’s support to organizations is through the provision of Network Grants.
Seven (7) grants of between $5,000 – $25,000 each will be awarded for projects to support both the development of new or emerging disaster preparedness networks that include performing arts and culture organizations, and the expansion of existing networks to increase participation among performing arts organizations. Grant recipients will be provided with a two-day training session to strengthen effective facilitation skills and foster relationships among networks.
- Application Deadline – Rolling Deadline: submit between August 1, 2023 and March 1, 2024.
- Length of Project – Projects may begin no earlier than September 15, 2023 and must be completed in 12-18 months.
- Grant funds may be used for such things as consultant fees, meeting expenses, travel, and training.
Download complete guidelines and the Emergency Preparedness Planning Grant application form here.
In 2020, these Networks received Network grants from the PAR Project:
- The Arts Administrators of Color Network
- CultureAID with partner organizations the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council and the New York Council for the Humanities
- Gretna Arts Safety Plan (GASP) with partner organizations Gretna Music and Pennsylvania Chautauqua Association
- Humboldt Creative Alliance with partner organizations Ink People Center for the Arts and Playhouse Arts
- The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) network
- Northern Minnesota Emergency Network with partner organizations Duluth Playhouse and the St. Louis County Heritage, Arts, and Culture Center (The Depot)
- Alianza Cultural para Emergencias de Puerto Rico (ACEPR) with partner organizations Fundacion Luis Munoz Marin and Alianza Cultural para Emergencias de Puerto Rico (ACEPR)
- Memphis Music Initiative Network with partner organizations Memphis Equity Through Arts and Stax Museum of American Soul Music
Visit https://performingartsreadiness.org/grants/ for more information.