Bethesda-based arts organization seeks Part Time After-Camp Counselors. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced counselors to lead and assist with summer programs. The ideal candidate will have experience supervising and/or working with children in a camp or class setting.
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is a nonprofit organization formed to manage and operate the programs and facilities at Glen Echo Park, an arts and cultural center nestled within a National Park site in Montgomery County. Glen Echo Park is a community of artists, educators, dancers, and performers who share their knowledge and expertise with participants and audiences of all ages and skill levels. The Partnership is dedicated to encouraging public participation in all that the Park has to offer.
Reports to Education Program staff. Office location: Arcade Building, 7300 MacArthur Blvd. Glen Echo, MD.
Key Responsibilities: Provide After Camp program services for campers ages 5-12 for our Summer Camp Session, June 19 through August 25, 2023.
One Lead Counselor and two or more Assistant Counselors will be hired.
Provide an After Camp program for students ages 5-12, Monday through Friday, for the dates and hours listed below:
Summer Camp Session:
- June 19 – 23, 2 to 6pm, Monday through Thursday, 3 to 6pm Friday
- June 26 – July 30, 2 to 6pm, Monday through Thursday, 3 to 6pm Friday
- July 6-8, 3 to 6pm, Wednesday through Friday
- July 10-14, 2 to 6pm, Monday through Thursday, 3 to 6pm Friday
- July 17-21, 2 to 6pm, Monday through Thursday, 3 to 6pm Friday
- July 24-28, 2 to 6pm, Monday through Thursday, 3 to 6pm Friday
- July 31-August 4, 2 to 6pm, Monday through Friday, 3 to 6pm
- August 7-11, 3 to 6pm, Monday through Friday
- August 14-18, 3 to 6pm, Monday through Friday
- August 21-25, 3 to 6pm, Monday through Friday
- Develop daily structure and curriculum for the After Camp program, including activities for the broad age range of students, making use of the unique campus of Glen Echo Park.
- Serve as the lead counselor/instructor for the program, providing student supervision, lead activities, and daily set up and clean up.
- Supervise assistant counselors and any volunteer support.
- Maintain class roster of students. Students pre-register for a week at a time
- Ensure the program is stocked adequately with activity and craft supplies.
- Support the Lead Counselor in providing student supervision, instruction, leading activities independently, assisting with daily set up and clean up
- Assist the Lead Counselor in maintaining the class roster and administrative records
- Be on-time and consistent in reporting to work during hours listed below
- Behave professionally and courteously at all times
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Act as an excellent representative of the Partnership
- Part time position approximately 18-23 hours per week, June 19 through August 25, 1:45/2:45pm – 6:15pm, Monday through Friday.
- Counselor will be required to attend a pre-camp orientation/training session and will be involved in program planning in advance of the camp.
- Counselor must have current certification in First Aid and CPR for children or must attend a Partnership sponsored class to receive this training, timing to be determined.
Salary: Compensation is at a per hour rate and is commensurate with experience and County minimum wage
Physical and other requirements: Must be able to provide own transportation, including during hours when public transportation is not operating; lift and move up to 25 pounds and walk throughout the Park for program support.
- Applicants must have experience in childhood education, the arts, or childcare.
- Applicants for the Lead Counselor position must have a B.A. (education degree preferred).
- Ability to work independently with strong communication skills.
- Lead counselors must be 18 or older. Assistant counselors must be 16 or older.\
- Counselors must be able to communicate verbally with fluent English.
- Ability to supervise up to 15 children at one time.
- Upon hire, counselors will be fingerprinted and undergo a CJIS childcare background check.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification required and provided by the Partnership.
- Current COVID-19 vaccination required
To Apply: With “After-Camp Counselor” in the subject line, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. By mail, send to GEPPAC, 7300 MacArthur Blvd., Glen Echo, MD 20812.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, family responsibility, pregnancy, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or any status protected by federal, state, or local law.