There are no recent bookmarks.
The Gallery Director leads the curation, installation, education, and program implementation for BlackRock’s two art galleries. The Director oversees the acquisition, installation, and storage of exhibits and sale of work. The Director works collaboratively with BlackRock’s leadership team to create inter-departmental programming and events that increase gallery traffic, showcase artists, and/or engage visitors in hands-on learning including artist talks. The Director designs and develops related exhibit support materials including exhibition catalogs, websites, Instagram page, and related multi-media.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and manage annual “Call to Artists” process for The Kay and Terrace Galleries, including artist application submission, jury member selection, materials for jury panel review, selection and contracting of artists, exhibit content and gallery schedule for the year.
• Plan and organize the acquisition and storage of all exhibits and related materials.
• Arrange and install 2- and 3-dimensional artwork, to include video and sound equipment. Train and supervise volunteers and interns who will assist with artwork installation.
• Serve as curator for selected exhibits.
• Create related materials for all exhibits (website descriptions, press releases, program, artist statements, bios, pricing lists, artwork labels, etc.).
• Act as liaison to the Art League of Germantown (ALOG), scheduling meeting dates, working with volunteers on art installation, gallery receptions, and lobby Gift Case.
• Plan and host gallery special events, to include receptions, artist talks, artist demonstrations, community art projects, family programs, and hands-on experiences.
• Plan and host gallery tours for groups from the community.
• Collaborate with the Director of Patron Services to develop a volunteer program to support the Galleries.
• Collaborate with BlackRock Department Directors in the development of cross programming.
• Maintain files in Sharepoint; the Gallery Google drive, and Submittable.
• Oversee and manage art sale inventory for lobby display cases, including acquiring two- and three-dimensional small works and fine craft items for sale on a consignment basis.
• Manage and reconcile all gallery sales and artist payments, working in accordance with BlackRock’s established financial and accounting procedures.
• Assists BlackRock Education team in developing course content. Observes and supports BlackRock Teaching Arts with feedback and program analysis.
• Provides leadership, education and training to a dedicated team of volunteers and/or interns and serves as BlackRock’s representative in the local and regional visual arts community.
• Assists with the implementation of Gallery marketing plans and communications to promote and speak to the work featured in BlackRock’s exhibitions.
• Develops and maintains an annual budget for the Gallery department. Other responsibilities
• Serve as engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external customers, by representing BlackRock at select performances and special events.
• Support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds their expectations.
• Attend weekly team meetings; prepare reports for the team in a timely manner.
• Serve BlackRock in any capacity as needed for special events such as the annual gala and festivals.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO email@example.com