There are no recent bookmarks.
A Patron Services Associate is the initial interaction and welcoming personnel staff member serving BlackRock Center for the Arts. The Patron Services Associate ensures top-quality customer service and satisfaction for all BlackRock stakeholders: students, patrons, supporters, volunteers and community members. This position encompasses every aspect of the Center’s front desk and sales functions for the Blackrock Center from box office sales and registrations for special events and education program to membership and gallery transactions. A Patron Services Associate is BlackRock’s ambassador to our community and is responsible for generating enthusiasm for BlackRock and building relationships with all who come into contact with our Center, whether in person, online or through the telephone.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet and assist all people coming in or placing a call into BlackRock Center administrative offices, serving as the
first point of contact and directing all calls to the appropriate staff member.
• Receive and distribute mail, packages and messages to staff.
• Provide outstanding, professional, and culturally sensitive customer service with swift resolutions to patron
problems or services, whether in person, over the phone, or by email.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of BlackRock programs and operations including:
• Education, Galleries, Performances, Special Events, Box Office and Rentals. Provide tours and basic information
when necessary. Answer questions in person and over the telephone concerning pricing, online sales, class
registration system, schedules reservations, education programs, classes and policies and give accurate and
descriptive information about programming.
• Register students for classes, workshops, and camps.
• Process all types of transactions such as purchases, exchanges, gift certificates, group sales, print tickets and
handle will call.
• Follow approved policies and protocol on handling all financial transactions, including emergency management
procedures for accuracy, efficiency and smooth operations.
• Oversee security by monitoring doors and arrivals, especially in the evening.
• Unlock spaces in the morning and lock spaces and turn off lights in the evening, securing the alarm.
• Support the Patron Services/Front End Manager in the recruitment, training and scheduling of volunteers.
• Support the Patron Services Director with administrative duties.
Mission: BlackRock Center for the Arts brings inspiring, performing and visual arts experiences to
diverse audiences in a welcoming and intimate setting, providing opportunities to explore, celebrate
and engage in the arts.