Department: College of Visual & Performing Arts (CVPA)
Alternate Department Description: School of Theater
Working Title: Production Manager, School of Theater
Salary: $62,500 – $67,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Production Manager, School of Theater
The School of Theater at George Mason University seeks a dynamic, experienced, collaborative Production Manager to oversee the production process of all theatrical events. At least three years’ experience as a stage and/or production manager is required, and a degree in theater or equivalent experience along with some teaching experience is preferred. Flexible start date is June 1 – June 15, 2023.
This position is full-time, and pay is commensurate with experience. The job requires evening and weekend availability in addition to daytime office hours, scheduled in accordance with production needs as described below. The Production Manager reports directly to the Director of the School of Theater.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Oversees the production process of all theatrical events, serving as a liaison between production teams (directors, designers, stage managers), Arts Support Umbrella (ASU) staff and the Director of the School of Theater; planning and logistics of the audition process;
- Responsible for scheduling, budgeting, and staffing all aspects of the theatrical season throughout the academic year;
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating with scene and costume shops, Arts Support Umbrella staff, Director of the School of Theater, and student and professional Design teams;
- Arranges and archives all production photos, playbills and head shots;
- Programs flat screen slide shows in lobby;
- Responsible for scheduling and leading all production meetings in preparation of rehearsal process, both production and pre-production, including over summer months as beginning of season approaches; and
- Ability to work a fluid schedule, including some nights and weekends, while maintaining daytime office hours, within a 40-hour per week format.
- B.A. or B.F.A. in Theater or equivalent combination of education and/or professional experience;
- Demonstrated professional experience as a Stage or Production Manager (generally three or more years);
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups, projects, and communities;
- Strong understanding of theatrical production, stage management, and general knowledge of theater as a practice and a study; and
- Exceptional time management skills; the ability to impart good practices to college-level students; high organizational skills and ability to schedule and hold meetings with large numbers of theater practitioners, students, administrators, staff and faculty.
- Experience in an academic setting is desirable.
Visit https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/56739 for more information and to apply.