Mid Atlantic Arts seeks a Program Director, Creativity in Community, to oversee and develop new initiatives that center creativity, justice, and community building. In this role, you will work with artists, creatives, arts managers, and arts organizations to advance equity in the arts through grantmaking and collaborative new programming. You will coordinate the review of applications, the setup of capacity building workshops, administer grant awards to selected organizations, and help create peer networks among grantees.
Program Development and Management Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the research, design, development, implementation, budgeting, and assessment of responsive programs in alignment with Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic goals.
- Cultivate relationship networks with applicants, grantees, potential applicants, program advisors, partner organizations, panelists, funders, and other communities.
- Serve as an internal resource to model and develop best practices in equitable grantmaking and operations.
- Provide training and technical assistance to potential program participants.
- Develop guidelines and programmatic procedures that guide the launch of new collaborative initiatives supporting arts organizations founded by and serving communities of color in addition to other underinvested communities.
- Plan and facilitate program panel meetings, prepare panelists for grant review process, and provide feedback to applicants.
- Manage systems for tracking and documentation of applicants and funded projects.
- Collaborate with grants administration staff to establish appropriate procedures for awards and reporting on funded projects.
- Maintain grant files and other essential records on program activity.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop program-specific communication strategies, including developing promotional copy, materials, and publicity emails.
- Embrace and use organization’s technology tools.
Organization and community responsibilities:
- Actively participate in Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the organization and the arts community.
- Evaluation of programs through the lens of equity objectives and strategic plan goals of Mid Atlantic Arts as well as the needs of the communities’ programs address.
- Represent Mid Atlantic Arts through presenting at conferences and attendance at meetings, conferences, festivals, and arts markets to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- As part Mid Atlantic Art’s commitment to curiosity and listening, we expect all staff to gather, care for, use and openly share knowledge in ways that advance equity, support shared learning, and amplify community expertise.
- Mid Atlantic Arts’ structures our work through portfolios of interconnected initiatives. All staff play a role in connecting knowledge across teams to further the organization’s mission and vision. This individual may be assigned to additional organizational initiatives based on evolving organizational needs.
- Support Mid Atlantic Arts’ effort for accessibility compliance, using best practices for serving applicants and artists with disabilities in partnership with the Accessibility Coordinator.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Programs.
The annual salary range for this position is $65,000 to $75,000 commensurate with experience.
Mid Atlantic Arts offers a full benefits package.
Visit https://www.midatlanticarts.org/about/employmentinternships/ for more information.