Is jazz your thing? Are you a skilled administrator with visionary ideas about how the field of jazz could be supported through innovative grant programming? Then become our partner in serving artists and arts organizations. Together we’ll develop new ways to celebrate the past, present and future of jazz. If you’re ready to make an impact, join the team at Mid Atlantic Arts.
Mid Atlantic Arts seeks a Program Director, Jazz to manage and refine the organization’s existing work in grant programs in jazz. Incumbent’s primary responsibility is management of Mid Atlantic Arts regional presenter and touring grant programs including Jazz Touring Network (JTN), a grant program dedicated to building presenter capacity and venue demand for jazz and the Living Legacy Jazz Award, an annual honoring of living jazz masters in the mid-Atlantic region and serves as the regional contact for Jazz Road (a South Arts program). This position also helps develop Mid Atlantic Arts’ collaborative professional development initiatives.
- Facilitate the research, design, development, implementation, budgeting, and assessment of responsive Jazz programs in alignment with Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic goals.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with applicants, grantees, potential grantees, program advisors, partner organizations, presenters, artists’ agents, panelists, curators, funders, and other constituents.
- Manage Mid Atlantic Arts’ regional presenter-based networks and performing arts touring programs including Jazz Touring Network; Jazz Road, and Jazz Living Legacy Award.
- Maintain partnerships and networks for assigned portfolio.
- Manage the nomination and selection process for the annual Jazz Living Legacy Award program and collaborate with the Director of External Affairs in coordinating the annual award ceremony.
- Represent Mid Atlantic Arts through presenting at conferences and attendance at meetings, conferences, festivals, and arts markets to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Serve as a resource for colleagues and constituents for information about jazz, touring and presenting etc., and keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Provide training and technical assistance to potential and existing program participants.
- Actively participate in Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the organization and the arts community
- Manage systems for tracking and documentation of applicants and funded projects.
- Work with grants administration staff to establish appropriate procedures for awards, monitoring and reporting on funded projects.
- Maintain grant files and other appropriate records on program activity.
- Assist in developing and managing program budgets and the development of grant proposals as needed. Organization and Community Responsibilities
- Actively participate in Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the organization and the arts community.
- Coordinate occasional scholarship awards to presenters and artists to participate in performing arts conferences.
- Facilitate and steward professional development opportunities in collaboration with relevant partners.
Click to learn more + apply!