Discover your potential as an innovative Recreation Program Coordinator by joining our vibrant team! Your passion for arts, dance, fitness, and summer camp programs will come alive as you contribute to crafting memorable experiences for our community. This stimulating role encompasses a range of responsibilities, such as program planning, facility management, public service, and staff supervision, all while adhering to departmental policies.
Our organization thrives on teamwork, fostering an atmosphere where creativity and decision-making skills are valued and encouraged. As a Recreation Program Coordinator, you’ll work closely with seasoned recreation programming staff, benefiting from their expertise while adding your unique skills to the mix. Individual and team efforts are evaluated through diverse methods, including program outcomes, reports, observations, and performance appraisals. This collaborative approach promotes ongoing growth, learning, and, ultimately, the enhancement of our program’s quality and effectiveness.
As the Program Coordinator, you’ll have the opportunity to lead and inspire a dedicated group of part-time staff, contractors, and volunteers, all working together to make a positive difference in the lives of those we serve. Take this chance to showcase your talents and develop professionally within a dynamic, fulfilling work environment. Apply now and become an integral part of our extraordinary team!
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Collaborate with an experienced Recreation Program Supervisor to create, design and manage dynamic programs and activities.
- Develop creative promotional materials and coordinate registration logistics for engaging community activities.
- Build a passionate team by hiring, training, and supervising part-time staff, contractors, and volunteers.
- Ensure seamless program execution by managing supply inventory and facility maintenance needs.
- Represent the department at community events and conferences, fostering relationships with various community groups.
- Ensure safe and welcoming program environments through facility inspections and equipment management.
- Serves as a professional liaison on program responsibilities, responding to public inquiries and directing instructors and program staff.
- Oversee program registration, record-keeping, financial management, and budget creation processes.
- Recruit and select talented instructors to deliver outstanding program experiences.
- Stay informed on recreation trends and propose innovative programs and policies.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and prepare comprehensive reports on findings.
- Maintain orderly and accessible program records, including schedules, budgets, and facility usage data.
- Develop positive relationships with diverse stakeholders, including parents, children, and community organizations.
- Showcase writing and computer skills by crafting correspondence, reports, and visual content.
- Manage marketing materials, social media, and activity analysis to promote programs effectively.
- Perform various administrative tasks to ensure smooth program operations.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed, providing on-site supervision during programs and events.
- Embrace a versatile role in a supportive and dynamic work environment, tackling related tasks as required.
Bachelor’s degree in recreation, fine arts, dance, child development, education, physical education or closely related field from an accredited university or college plus two (2) years of progressively responsible work in recreation programs and activities; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of values, goals, and principles guiding a well-organized, diverse recreational program that is appropriate for all ages and interests.
- Knowledge of how to organize, develop, and manage a wide range of recreational programs.
- Knowledge of and commitment to promoting inclusivity and accessibility in recreation programs.
- Skills to provide excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal abilities, as well as a commitment to understanding and addressing community needs.
- Skills to motivate, train, and mentor team members, foster a positive work environment, and resolve conflicts when necessary, ensuring smooth operation and delivery of exceptional recreational experiences.
- Skills to proficiently using various software applications for program scheduling, budgeting, and communication.
- Ability to leverage digital platforms for effective marketing and outreach efforts, ensuring seamless and efficient management of recreational programs and events.
- Ability to administer such programs within general policy guidelines and budgetary limitations.
- Ability to make decisions based on established precedents and practices, along with resourcefulness to handle new challenges.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups interested in recreation, associates, other departments, and members of the general public.
- Ability to maintain and assist staff in maintaining high quality and creativity in their daily activities.
$64,731.00 – $75,000.00 Annually