WHO WE ARE
Arena Stage is the voice of American theater resident in our nation’s capital. Focused on American artists, our productions are innovative and representative of stories from across the country. We nurture new plays and reimagine classics. We celebrate our democracy and diversity through a multitude of voices in our productions and community engagement programs to inspire people to action.
WHAT WE VALUE
A work culture that values experimentation and collaboration.
Excellence in all aspects of our endeavor.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion throughout the Organization and within our audience and the community.
Community Service through education and public engagement.
Lead effective partnerships and collaboration to serve artists and arts professionals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Resident Teaching Artist will provide instructional and artistic support to all education programs, as assigned by the Director of Education.
This role is Part-Time & Seasonal, 20 hours per week Jan-June 2022 and Sept 2022-June 2023.
- Serve as a co-director for select Voices of Now ensembles
- Work with co-director/s to keep all footage and or writing organized
- Participate in weekly meetings with co-director/s to create rehearsal and/or lesson plans
- Collaborate with co-directors to devise Voices of Now scripts and create and blocking and choreography
- Attend and participate fully in all scheduled rehearsals for designated ensembles, special events, production meetings and other related Voices of Now activities
- Serve as co-facilitator for Voices of Now professional development workshops and teaching-artist training sessions and Moving Stories classes when necessary
- Provide lesson planning support for Voices of Now, Moving Stories, and community outreach workshops and residencies
- Observe and support Voices of Now teaching artists as needed
- Teach in other CE programming as necessary
- If requested, participate in interviews, videos or media events to represent the Voices of Now program
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Significant experience in relevant fields, such as working with youth, teaching and facilitation, devising theater, playwriting and directing
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, and proven ability as a teacher/facilitator, director and playwright
- Comfortability with devising theater, creating choreography/movement with performers and collaborating with peers
- Experience working with artists and students of all ages, abilities, and socio-economic and racial backgrounds
Visit https://arenastagejobs.applicantpro.com/jobs/2186670.html to apply.