TITLE: Senior Executive Associate
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Salaried, Non-Exempt/Full-Time (based on 32 hours/week)
COMPENSATION: $45,000-48,000 (commensurate with experience)
DATE POSTED: June 30, 2022
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
POSITION SUMMARY: Historic Annapolis (HA) is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, and energetic individual for the position of Senior Executive Associate. The Senior Executive Associate is responsible for supporting the operations of the President’s Office for HA, the leading non-profit preservation and history organization in Annapolis, Maryland. This individual will report to the President and CEO and will interact with
the organization’s various departments, as well as a variety of others including Board of Trustee members, the public, vendors, and prospective donors. Essential duties and responsibilities will focus on proactively supporting high-level administrative needs of the President and Executive Team and serve as a liaison to the Board of Trustees.
This position is an exceptional opportunity for a talented individual to grow professionally as a part of an impactful organization that has become increasingly visible in Annapolis the past several years, making connections with our past to envision a better future for the entire community. The Associate’s office is located in our executive offices at Shiplap House (c. 1715), steps from City Dock in the heart of the Historic District. This position offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. It is an exciting time in the history of our organization, and we invite you to consider joining the team at Historic Annapolis.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrator is primarily responsible for supporting the President but will also be instrumental in providing support for the Board and members of the Executive Team.
President Support (50%)
- Serves as the first point of contact for the President’s office, to include answering incoming calls for President, greeting guests/serving as a gatekeeper, managing internal and external communications, and making business arrangements for the President, as needed.
- Sets and maintains the President’s calendar daily.
- Drafts HA newsletter articles, reports, pitch decks, speeches/talking points, and presentations on the President’s behalf.
- Processes expenses for the President’s office.
- Ensures the President’s involvement in project or decision-making processes takes place at key times, where the President’s input and authority are most needed.
- Helps the President guide where HA leaders should direct their focus as well as developing metrics for success and regular evaluations.
- Prepares the President for upcoming meetings by ensuring the President has all the information necessary from the applicable staff to be productive and engaged, to include meeting reminders and assembling briefing information. Attends meetings and records minutes as requested by the President.
- Follows up on action items from meetings with the President and drafts thank you letters after meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
Board Liaison (35%)
- Works with the President to serve as primary contact for communication with the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date contact and term information of Board members.
- Coordinates agendas for the President’s approval before leadership team and Board meetings.
- Compiles and distributes Board briefing books and meeting packets.
- Coordinates meeting logistics and takes minutes at Board meetings.
- Provides support to Board Committees as needed (i.e., assists with coordinating subcommittee meetings and Executive committee meetings and provides reminders as needed).
Administrative (15%) – As directed by the President
- Serves as the first line of contact for the organization by answering the Historic Annapolis main phone line, monitoring general voice mail inbox and general e-mail inbox (email@example.com), as well as assisting walk-in guests.
- Keeps the organizational chart up-to-date and updates phone list, in conjunction with HR
- Orders and organizes supplies, manages copier maintenance, postage machine, and sorts mail for the organization.
- Provides support for events as needed (some after-hours).
- Maintains ongoing list of professional organizations; tracks their available conferences and the deadlines to present at such conferences.
- Maintains an ongoing electronic archival catalogue of all press releases, articles, and newspaper clippings related to Historic Annapolis.
- Provides administrative support to senior staff (photocopying, filing, data entry) as directed by President.
- Organizes leadership and/or staff retreats, conferences, and internal special events as directed by the President.
Click for more information.