The Somerset County Arts Council annually awards grants to talented individual artists. The purpose of these grants is to honor, support, and strengthen individual artists living and working in the area. Artists may apply for up to $1,000.
To Be Eligible Applicants must:
- Be a Maryland resident
- Demonstrate a history of producing original artwork
- Be at least 18 years old
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Projects already completed will not be considered.
- Performance projects must be open to the public, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or age.
- Site of public art project must be accessible to persons with disabilities.
- In the event of cancellation, grant funds received must be returned.
- Grantee must notify Somerset County Arts Council, in writing, of any major change in the project as described in the grant application. If a project is rescheduled to a date outside of the grant period, the grant is cancelled, a new application is required, and grant funds received must be returned.
- Grantee must supply Somerset County Arts Council with four (4) complimentary tickets if the project results in a performance.
- Credit for the grant must be givento the Somerset County Arts Council and the Maryland State Arts Council in all brochures, programs, public service announcements, press releases, and advertising. Logo of the Somerset County Arts Council must be included in all promotional printed materials. Failure to acknowledge the Councils as a funding source will disqualify future requests.
- A final report, (including two photographs, copies of brochures, programs, public service announcements, press releases, and advertising)must be completed and returned within 30 days after the completion of the project. Send to Caitlin Kilby, Executive Director, Somerset County Arts Council, 1100 W Main St, Crisfield, MD 21817. If the project takes place in June or the project is ongoing, the report is due no later than June 30th. Future grant requests will not be considered until final reports are received.
- Grantee is strongly encouraged to become a member of the Arts Council. An application is available online at www.socoarts.org or by calling 410-968-2787.
June 30, 2023
For more information visit: https://www.socoarts.org/individual-artist-grant