The Peabody Preparatory of The Johns Hopkins University seeks a Sr. Administrative Coordinator who will support the mission of the Preparatory by providing complex administrative support directly to the office of Director of the Preparatory serving as a key administrative staff member connecting the Preparatory within the larger Peabody Institute. This role supports the Director in the annual hiring and contracting process for the Preparatory’s over 140 faculty, the biannual contract adjustment process, summer program hiring, and provides support to the Preparator’s faculty chairs in hiring and paying substitutes, guest artists, students, and accompanist. This role assists in facilitating the accomplishment of organizational goals, objectives, strategic and tactical initiatives, as well as ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Preparatory as a whole. As a professional representative of the Preparatory and the Director, the candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who is committed to responsiveness and customer service. The Sr. Administrative Coordinator will deal regularly with highly sensitive, privileged, and confidential subject matter.
The position is expected to maintain the highest degree of professionalism and trust on the telephone, in person, via electronic communication, and must be able to prioritize and multitask based on changing needs and situations. Inter- and intra-office communication and teamwork skills are critical. Duties include coordinating and performing a broad range of administrative duties in a fast-paced environment for the Director of the Peabody Preparatory. This is a hybrid position, requiring 3 days per week on-site at the Peabody campus in Downtown Baltimore.
The Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University advances a dynamic, 21st-century model of performing arts training in pursuit of its mission: to elevate the human experience through leadership at the intersection of art and education. Through its Conservatory for undergraduate and graduate studies and the Preparatory, Baltimore’s largest community performing arts school, Peabody empowers musicians and dancers from diverse backgrounds to create and perform at the highest level.
Founded in 1894, the Peabody Preparatory of The Johns Hopkins University is Baltimore’s premier community school and pre-professional academy for the performing arts. The Peabody Preparatory is part of the Peabody Institute, one of the nine divisions that comprises the Johns Hopkins University. The Preparatory has a distinguished faculty of 130 educators and serves approximately 2,500 students per week on four campuses. The Preparatory offers music and dance educational experiences ranging from early childhood classes for infants to life-long learners engaged through Peabody Plus. The dance department, dating from 1914, is one of the oldest continuously operating dance training centers in the United States.
Students can enroll in individual lessons where they can participate in repertoire classes, recitals, and competitions. Group instruction is available in dance, large ensembles, chorus, chamber music, early childhood music classes, vocal fundamentals, and music theory. In addition, the Preparatory offers more structured curricula for our most serious student through the Preparatory’s academy, certificate, and pre-professional training programs.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the hiring process for all new faculty and students for the Peabody Preparatory, including working with Preparatory chairs and program managers on job postings, coordinating on-site interviews, and scheduling offer calls with the Director.
- Working with the Director to issue faculty contracts and initiating the hiring process with Peabody’s HR team, working with the business office, marketing, and security to ensure new faculty are onboarded with the access and resources they require.
- Serves as the liaison to the Peabody Institute’s Human Resources team, including functioning as the central point of contact between the Director, hiring managers, and Peabody’s HR department, Preparatory business office for new faculty and student hires; and actively manages hiring process from the Preparatory’s perspective. Tracks and monitors open and closed requisitions.
- Working with HR, coordinates the off-boarding procedures for the Peabody Preparatory.
- Supporting the Director, and working closely with the Peabody business office, and HR, serves as the connecting staff member for the annual hiring and contracting process for the Preparatory’s over 140 faculty, the biannual fall and spring contract adjustment process, summer program hiring; and prepares payroll data for HR for all Preparatory faculty, along with joint and grant funded Preparatory faculty.
- Payroll adjustment processes include updating workloads &/or spreadsheet file with contract, fall, and spring data; participate in adjustment audit process; serve as point of contact for faculty inquiries; and provide supporting documentation as needed.
- Manages the student worker hiring, onboarding, and payment process.
- Manages the substitute faculty hiring, onboarding, and payment process.
- Manages special projects on behalf of the Director, including researching issues, developing reports and materials.
- Interfaces with key leadership and leadership offices across the Institute.
- Anticipates and problem-solves issues and concerns impacting the Director and the Preparatory and participates in priority setting as required.
- Manages the Director’s calendar by coordinating multiple meetings on behalf of the Director.
- Provides on-site and virtual support to the Director for a variety of schoolwide and departmental level meetings, including developing meeting agendas and taking minutes, and conducting necessary follow-ups as well as scheduling appropriate space and computer/AV equipment, and catering as needed.
- Develops and maintains accurate and current computerized record of personnel.
- Plans annual faculty events for the Preparatory.
- Manages the PCard for the Director’s office making purchases on behalf of the Director and Assistant Director and ensuring that all payment information is accurately accounted for monthly.
- Prepares and requests payment from the Business Office for all vender accounts including guest artists and faculty, music supplies, and other Preparatory related venders.
- Provides additional administrative support and performs other duties as needed.
Special Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Confidentiality, initiative and tact, mature and independent judgment, and a high level of administrative and communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to prioritize work effectively and within established deadlines and timeframes.
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Advanced proficiency with Excel.
- Familiarity with current HR practices, trends, and policies.
- Some budget or expense monitoring and/or tracking required.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Five years progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Starting Salary Range: Min $20.40 – Max $35.70 HRLY ($62,200 budgeted; Commensurate with experience)
Visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21202/1051053800/ for more details.