Bethesda-based arts organization seeks a Part Time Summer Camp Instructor. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to serve as lead role for visual arts camp programs. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children in visual arts classes or camps for ages 12 – 14.
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is a nonprofit organization formed to manage and operate the programs and facilities at Glen Echo Park, an arts and cultural center located within a National Park site in Montgomery County. Glen Echo Park is a community of artists, educators, dancers, and performers who share their knowledge and expertise with participants and audiences of all ages and skill levels. The Partnership is dedicated to encouraging public participation in all that the Park has to offer.
Reports to the Education Program Manager. Office location: Arcade Building, 7300 MacArthur Blvd. Glen Echo, MD.
Key Responsibilities: Develop and provide instruction for visual arts Summer Camp program.
Summer Camp Instructor: Serve as a Lead Instructor for the Young Artists Camp from July 11 through August 19. Specific dates and hours listed below:
Young Artists Camp Dates:
- Visual Arts & Pottery: July 11-15, Monday through Friday, 9am to 3pm (Ages 12 – 14)
- Visual Arts & Pottery: August 1-5, Monday through Friday, 9am to 3pm (Ages 12 – 14)
- Visual Arts & Blown Glass: August 8-12, Monday through Friday, 9am to 3pm (Ages 12 – 14)
- Visual Arts & Art Glass: August 15 – 19, Monday through Friday, 9am to 3pm (Ages 12 – 14)
Lead Instructor Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the daily structure and arts curriculum, including visits to resident artist studios and programs.
- Provide instruction for visual arts and crafts curriculum and supervise students.
- Generate a comprehensive supply list, work within a budget, and monitor supply needs throughout the sessions.
- Maintain the student class roster and records.
- Provide direction to assistant counselor as needed.
- Be on-time and consistent in reporting to work during hours listed below
- Behave professionally and courteously at all times
- Act as an excellent representative of the Partnership
- Part time position approximately 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm. (See schedule above for specific dates)
- Counselors will be required to attend a pre-camp orientation/training session and will be involved in program planning in advance of the camp.
- Counselors must be certified in First Aid and CPR for children or must attend a Partnership sponsored class to receive this training, timing to be determined.
Salary: Compensation is at a per hour rate and is commensurate with experience.
Physical and other requirements: Must be able to provide own transportation, including during hours when public transportation is not operating; lift and move up to 25 pounds and walk throughout the Park for program support.
- Experience working with children in visual arts in a camp or class setting; teaching experience ideal
- Ability to work independently, have excellent organizational and communication skills be able to verbally speak to engage students
- Supervisory experience in a classroom environment preferred
- Upon hire, instructor will be fingerprinted and undergo a CJIS childcare background check
- Current First Aid and CPR certification required and provided by the Partnership
- Current COVID-19 vaccination required
To Apply: With “Summer Camp Lead Instructor” in the subject line, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. By mail, send to GEPPAC, 7300 MacArthur Blvd., Glen Echo, MD 20812.