FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 24, 2019 (Bethesda, MD) – Gallery B is pleased to announce its July exhibition, “MFA @ Gallery B,” a juried exhibition of work by Maryland Federation of Art members. The exhibit will be on display from July 3 – 27, 2019 at Gallery B, located at 7700 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite E, Bethesda, MD. Gallery hours for the show will be Wednesday – Saturday, 12-6pm.
Gallery B will also be open for a public reception on Friday, July 12 from 6-8pm. Opening receptions will also be held that evening at Studio B, 7475 Wisconsin Avenue; Triangle Art Studios, 7711 Old Georgetown Road and Waverly Street Gallery, 4600 East West Highway in downtown Bethesda.
“MFA @ Gallery B” was juried by Robert Yi, an Academic Advisor in the College of Visual & Performing Arts, School of Art in Fairfax, VA. Robert received his Master of Fine Arts from American University and graduated from the University of Virginia with a BA in Foreign Affairs and a BFA from the Corcoran College of Art & Design. As a painter he received a residency to the New York Studio Residency Program and the Glogauair Artist in Residence program in Berlin, Germany. He is the recipient of the A.H.O. Roll Prize in Fine Arts and the Mae W. Jurow Scholarship. He has exhibited in group shows at the Corcoran Gallery of Art and the Civilian Art Projects in Washington, D.C., Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in Milan, Italy, AICAD NYSRP in New York City, and at the Metropolitan Art Project in the City of Fairfax, VA.
Selected works by the following artists will be featured.
• Fran Abrams, Rockville, MD .
• Beth Altman, Washington, D.C.
• Diane Blackwell, Oakton, VA
• Stephen Borko, Bethesda, MD
• George Patrick Clagett, Upper Marlboro, MD
• Ron Colbroth, McLean, VA
• David Diaz, Annapolis, MD
• Marianne DiBrino, Silver Spring, MD
• Kay Fuller, Annapolis, MD
• Nico Gozal, Suitland, MD
• James Francis Hollan, Arnold, MD
• Jinny Dee Isserow, Fairfax, VA
• Judy Ann Jordan, Annapolis, MD
• Deborah Kommalan, Pasadena, MD
• Guy Terry Kuhn, Hagerstown, MD
• Malka Kutnick, Kensington, MD
• Susan La Mont, McLean, VA
• Jonathan S. Mann, Woodbine, MD
• Emily Carter Mitchell, Pasadena, MD
• Allen E. Neyman, Rockville, MD
• Mary Opasik, Catonsville, MD
• Ed Palaszynski, Clarksburg, MD
• William Peirce, Silver Spring, MD
• Dean Peterson, Salisbury, MD
• Susan F. Picard, Arnold, MD
• Will Scott, Annapolis, MD
• Meryl Silver, Bethesda, MD
• Timothy A. Stephens, Frederick, MD
• Gil Ugiansky, Annapolis, MD
• Marilyn Block Ugiansky, Annapolis, MD
• Dominique Vargo, Bowie, MD
Established by Montgomery County in 1994, Bethesda Urban Partnership, Inc. (BUP) is a downtown management organization that markets and maintains downtown Bethesda. The BUP team works in marketing, maintenance, transportation and administration to produce cultural events and community festivals and attend to landscaping and maintenance needs. BUP also manages the Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District, Bethesda Transportation Solutions (BTS), and the Bethesda Circulator as well as the non-profit art spaces, Gallery B and Studio B.
From award-winning theatre to independent films, downtown Bethesda’s Arts & Entertainment District is filled with inspiring artists and art venues. The Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District is managed by the Bethesda Urban Partnership, Inc., and is the producer of The Trawick Prize: Bethesda Contemporary Art Awards, Bethesda Painting Awards, Bethesda Fine Arts Festival, Bethesda Film Fest and Play In A Day.
For a closer look, please visit www.bethesda.org.
For More Information:
Laura Kellermann, (301) 215-6660, Ext. 116
Stephanie Coppula, (301) 215-6660, Ext. 120