The Donor Services Coordinator supports the Advancement team with the integral work necessary to cultivate meaningful relationships with Strathmore donors and patrons. Reporting to the Director of Donor Engagement, this position provides essential administrative support, ensuring the continued success of fundraising and engagement efforts. With an emphasis on customer service and gift processing, the Donor Services Coordinator will serve on the frontlines of donor communication and work very closely with the membership services and finance teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to:
Donor Relations 40%
- Coordinate and implement the timely preparation of donor acknowledgements and membership renewals working directly with the Advancement team, Digital Communications Manager, and outside vendors.
- Provide an outstanding experience for donors by managing the dedicated donor services phone line and email address, and by greeting donors at performances and events.
- Review donor communication materials, refresh templates, prepare mailings and welcome packs.
- Develop and maintain a thank you call process including oversight of Advancement stewardship volunteers.
- Support the Advancement team with special campaigns, acquisition appeals, benefit fulfillment and engagement activities.
- Assist with event preparation and represent the Advancement team at receptions, dinners, performances, exhibition openings, and the Comcast Circles Lounge.
Gift Processing 25%
- Serve as the lead gift processor and record-keeper by entering all received and pledged donations into database (Tessitura) and precisely track gift detail.
- Run monthly pledge billing reports and mail invoices.
- Organize gift documentationand maintain donor files and records.
- Serve as the department liaison to the finance team regarding monthly reconciliations, audit preparation, and general advancement accounting duties.
- Track and prepare audit related materials each year, including acknowledgements, gift forms, proof of pledges, and signed agreements.
Database Management (Tessitura) 25%
- Manage day-to-day operation of the Tessitura database for the Advancement team by maintaining the integrity of donor records by creating, updating, and merging accounts to ensure maximum accuracy.
- Responsible for the setup of campaigns, funds, designations, and appeals
- Support the Advancement team with lists and reports, and utilize Tessitura Analytics to track performance, monitor trends, and inform decisions.
- Serve as a liaison with the Tessitura Network to manage service issues and software enhancements.
- Participate in trainings and webinars to remain informed on changes and capabilities.
- Support the Advancement team with administrative tasks as needed, such as scheduling team meetings, submitting invoices, recording meeting notes, and special projects.
- Track and maintain an inventory of Advancement supplies.
- Work with other departments across Strathmore, serving as a liaison to ensure that all parties are involved in donor cultivation and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Satisfactory completion of this job includes successfully:
- Having a keen awareness of details including an eye for inconsistency or inaccuracy, and the initiative to investigate and resolve issues.
- Keeping meticulous records and files for the department and organization to make data available to all team members quickly.
- Creating high quality advancement correspondence and materials with efficiency to help Strathmore meet its fundraising goals.
- Managing multiple projects and tasks through to completion in a fast-paced environment. Must be flexible and have strong planning and organization skills.
- Being a spirited thinker who anticipates needs, contributes creative ideas, and proposes solutions with strong decision-making capability.
- Writing and speaking clearly and effectively, and to interact with all staff, donors, volunteers, and patrons in a positive, professional, and friendly manner.
- Understanding of cash and non-cash assets and the unique requirements of each.
- Performing with a high-level of discretion, professionalism, and integrity with the ability to safeguard confidential information.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and deportment.
- Employs excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Displays high degree of dependability and reliability.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends to accommodate performances and event schedules.
- Curiosity to continue learning and keep up on best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification.
- 1-2 years development/fundraising or related experience.
- Experience with CRM or fundraising database entry/management (familiarity with Tessitura a plus).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of performing and/or visual arts preferred.
- Experience with general office administrative duties preferred.
STATUS AND SALARY
This is an exempt, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience, in the range of $36,000 to $42,000 annually with a competitive benefits package.
For best consideration, please submit COVER LETTER and RESUME prior to May 12, 2021.
If submitting your application electronically, the email SUBJECT line must contain the words “Donor Services Coordinator.” Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please direct all submissions to: Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although emailed applications are preferred, applications may also be mailed to:
5301 Tuckerman Lane
North Bethesda, MD 20852
Strathmore is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, Strathmore provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or status in any status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Strathmore will not tolerate unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any circumstances.
We are eager to cultivate a broad and inclusive field of applicants. Strathmore is committed to building a diverse community of staff, volunteers, and interns. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.