At Creative Adventures, we believe that children need more opportunities for creative exploration. Our program introduces them to classic and contemporary artists from around the world. They will experiment with a variety of techniques and mediums. We inspire them to create with fresh eyes and encourage them to push their limits and most of all, to have fun! We bring this extraordinary after-school program to your school for a six-week workshop series each fall and spring, presented as 90-minute VIRTUAL classes. .
For more information about sessions at the school near you, please check our website: www.artinyou.com
Summer Camps will be run at Strathmore Mansion.
5301 Tuckerman Lane, N. Bethesda, MD 20852
900 Wayne Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910
www.levinemusic.org | 301-897-5100 | 301-328-5335
TWO Montgomery County locations: The Music Center at Strathmore and the Silver Spring Library! Levine Music offers outstanding music instruction to students of all ages, interests, and skill levels. All offerings are currently available online.
• Join Levine Music Theatre for a production of Les Misérables
• Auditions Dec 15-17, 2020
• Classical and contemporary instruction in 23 instruments and voice
• Chamber Music
• Musical Theater
• Beginning and Intermediate String Orchestras
• First Music (4 months – 8 years)
• Group Piano
• Jazz, Rock, Improvisation
• Music Theory, Composition
• Music Therapy
• Suzuki Programs (Violin, Viola, Cello, Piano, Flute, Guitar)
– Session 1: June 28 – July 16, 2021
– Session 2: July 19 – August 6, 2021
Glide across the ice, photograph nature, marvel at raptors and flying squirrels, create crafts using natural items, discover gardens…all without leaving Montgomery County.
Montgomery Parks offers a variety of activities, educational classes, camps and events that inspire fun.
Summer Camps (Jun. – Aug.)
*Programs and Dates to be announced soon*
• Maple Sugaring Days
• Virtual Waterfowl Festival
Artworks Fine Art Studio
7740 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD 20814
10020 Falls Road, Potomac, MD 20854
www.artworksclasses.com | 301-656-0044
Artworks is dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of fine art. The focus is on drawing and painting while, at the same time, building self-esteem. Artworks uses a unique step-by-step process which helps produce beautiful works of art. Classes take place in a highly creative, instructive environment. Daily classes are offered for students ages 6+. Two locations: Bethesda and Potomac.
• Virtual Classes age 5-Adult
• Pre-K Classes ages 5-6
• Standard Classes ages 6-12
• Teen Classes ages 13-18
• Adult Drawing/Painting Classes ages 18+
• Spring Break Camp
• School’s Out Day Camps
• Summer Camp ages 6-12
• Teen Camp ages 13-18
• Virtual Parties
• Private Painting Parties for all ages
• Birthday Parties
• Receive $20 off a party of your choice by mentioning this flyer!
CityDance School & Conservatory
5301 Tuckerman Lane, North Bethesda, MD 20852
1570 East Jefferson Street, Rockville, MD 20852
www.citydance.net | 240-242-3646
CityDance School & Conservatory provides high-level dance training for beginner to pre-professional students ages 3 to 19. Their curriculum is designed to develop the next generation of dance performers and innovators.
• The School offers a well-rounded curriculum of Vaganova-based ballet training and contemporary dance techniques, as well as jazz, hip hop, Sri Lankan and Afro-Fusion
• The Conservatory is a pre-professional training program that prepares young dancers for professional careers.
• Registration is open for the spring session!
• CityDance Summer Camps offer learning and fun through culture and creativity. Dancers take classes in ballet, modern, jazz, hip hop and world dance forms and learn choreography in multiple styles.
• CityDance is bringing professional artists from around the world to Bethesda and online platforms for their summer intensives, June through August 2021!
Founded in 1979, Imagination Stage offers year-round professional theatre for young audiences and classes in acting, musical theatre, dance, and filmmaking.
- Online Winter Classes for ages 3.5-18
– Registration Now Open
– Classes Begin Jan 23
- Zoom Play Festival
– December 18-20
- In-Person and Online Summer Camps for ages 3.5-18
– Registration Opens Jan 21, 2021
Online Theatre Season:
- The Snow Queen: An At-Home Theatre Experience
– Dec 12, 2020 – Feb 28, 2021
International School of Music
North: 11325 Seven Locks Rd #255 Potomac, MD 20854
South: 4701 Sangamore Rd., L-03 Bethesda MD 20816
www.ismw.org | North: 301-365-5888 | South: 301-320-4400
The International School of Music provides students of all ages & abilities with nurturing music instruction in all instruments and voice. Fun performances and recitals as well as optional certificate programs are available for those interested. Preschool music classes are available for toddlers & preschoolers. Music classes are available in classical, jazz, pop, rock, etc. to students of all ages.
• Private lessons in Piano, Guitar, Voice, Drums, Violin, Viola, Cello, Flute, Saxophone, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Bass, Harp for children and teens (all levels)
• Toddler & Preschooler Music Classes ongoing
• Student Recitals: June 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20
• 50% off Registration before Feb. 15
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
The BSO is taking a virtual fieldtrip, bringing music and activities to you through BSO OffStage! Arts-integrated, interactive, and engaging, Midweek Concerts: BGE Broadcasts call on the BSO’s new high-definition cameras to bring our educational concert series to life digitally. Featuring different instrument families in four distinct programs, this year’s Midweek Concerts: BGE Broadcasts are primarily designed for students in the elementary grades but are appropriate for all ages. The best part? Each program is available to view free – on-demand – through BSO OffStage at www.BSOmusic.org/OffStage.
Midweek Concerts: BGE Broadcasts – 2020-21 Schedule
• Strings! (Available Now to Stream On-Demand)
• Brass! (Available in December 2020)
• Percussion! (Available in February 2021)
• Woodwinds! (Available in Spring 2021)
• This year’s Midweek Concerts are completely free to stream from your own home! Simply create an account at www.BSOmusic.org/OffStage and enjoy.
Arts on the Green & Arts Barn
Celebrate the performing and visual arts at Arts on the Green and the Arts Barn. Featuring a Just for Families performance series and visual arts/performing classes, workshops and camps for all ages to ignite your imagination and inspire your creativity!
• Storytimes for ages 2 – 6
• Visual arts, theatre, music, cartooning, sculpture, writing, etc. for ages 3 & up
• Summer brings a wide variety of subjects and themes for ages 5 – 15.
• Fun performances year-round, perfect for all ages.
Metropolitan Ballet Theatre
220 Perry Parkway, Suite 8, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
25530 Gateway Center Drive, Suite 200, Clarksburg, MD 20871
www.mbtdance.org | 301-762-1757
Providing exceptional dance education since 1989. Academy classes, professional performance opportunities, and community outreach activities make MBT unique. Enrolling in two locations – in-person and virtually!
Classes: (Virtual and In-Person Options)
• Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, Adult
• Ages 3-Adult
• Academic Year: Sept-June, plus summer programming
• Now registering for Winter/Spring 2021 and Summer 2021
– COVID health & safety protocols in place, masks required
• Scholarships available
Camps: (Virtual and In-Person Options)
• Summer Full-Day Camps/Intensives, Half-Day Camps/Workshops, Evening/Weekend Classes
• MBT’s performing season will resume when safe
• Receive $10 off your registration fee – mention this guide!
• Call to schedule a free trial class
In-school and out-of-school artist-in-residencies, family performances, interactive workshops and professional development programs harness the power of the arts to increase accessibility, equity and FUN in educational and community spaces.
- The Fastest Plane: Travel the World with Story Tapestries’ Family Artists. Time for some family fun! Spend 1-hour dancing, playing music and listening to stories. Zip around the world from the ocean, through the mountains, to the jungle! A Story Tapestries artist will weave the power of music, dance and theatre to entertain families and children of all ages. Leave the program dancing, singing, and eager to tell stories from around the world.
- Upcoming Dates:
– Jan. 17 & 19 at 11am
– Mar. 21 & 23 at 11am
– May 16 & 18 at 11am
- We’ll meet online in January. Online performances are FREE! In spring we hope to shift to an outdoor venue as weather, health & safety regulations permit.
- Click here to reserve your spot now for the January performance dates (future dates will be available using the same link)! Open to school groups include a Study Guide and Lesson Plan for each performance, upon request – email@example.com.
BlackRock Center for the Arts
BlackRock creates community, connection, and culture through a variety of classes across all artistic disciplines. Our classes provide a unique opportunity to engage and enrich through group and private coaching formats. BlackRock’s provides best-in-class instructors that are award-winning, industry-renowned, and internationally recognized for their craft.
• Winter Session I Starts January 5 * Winter Session II Starts February 8
• Theater: Puppeteering, Improv Comedy, Acting, Performance Poetry
• Music: Piano, Guitar, Violin, and Vocal
• Dance: Ballet, Modern Dance, Stretch Flex, Afro Motif
• Visual Arts: Photography, Drawing, Watercolor
• BlackRock still hosts a variety of performances, events, and exhibits. Most are virtual with some outside for the safety of our patrons and in accordance with County regulations. Visit our website for the latest updates.
• Scholarships available for qualifying individuals.
Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture, Inc.
Glen Echo Park presents classes for all ages in ceramics, drawing & painting, dance & movement, fused glass, blown glass, music, photography, mixed media, silversmithing, stone carving, theater, & writing. We also offer weekend family activities, including drop-in art projects, nature programs, theater, concerts, and special events.
- Visual arts, music, dance, and theater classes – both online and in-person
- Saturday Art Explorers parent/child drop-in art activities
(closed during the pandemic; some projects are online)
- Children’s camps in fine arts, animation, mixed media, Irish dancing, music, musical theater, photography, aquatic life & nature
- Teen camps/workshops in art glass, ceramics, photography, mixed media, silversmithing, & stone carving
* Summer 2021 camps may be virtual only.
- Children’s theater
- Summer concerts
- Carousel Day! (May 1 & 2)
*Some events & activities are online; some are on hold due to the pandemic.
Washington Conservatory of Music
One Westmoreland Circle, Bethesda, MD 20815
7300 MacArthur Blvd., Glen Echo, MD 20812
www.washingtonconservatory.org | 301-320-2770
One of 15 nationally accredited community music schools serving children, teens & adults in a nurturing environment since 1984. An international faculty of professional artists & educators help students of all levels reach individualized musical goals. No audition necessary. Monthly student recital opportunities. Two locations. Online lessons, online classes, and online ensembles are available.
• Private lessons (30, 45 or 60 mins.) in 25+ areas of music study. Piano, guitar, drums, voice, strings, brass, woodwinds, music theory, ear training, composition, jazz improvisation, more
• Classes & Ensembles in voice, ukulele, guitar, Irish instruments
• Suzuki String Academy (violin, cello, viola)
• Early Childhood Music (3 mos-7 yrs)
• Summer: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-3:00pm (ages 4-12)
• Professional & Family Concerts, Student Recitals, Master Classes, Seminars
Glorystar Children’s Chorus
Glorystar Children’s Chorus nurtures and provides excellent music education to children and youth (5-18 years old) in the joy of Choral Art. With a rich repertoire of Asian and Western music, GCC increases appreciation and builds bridges within our diverse community.
• By appointment only. Please visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Weekly Saturday rehearsals online
• Virtual winter concert – December 12 at 2 PM on YouTube live (link on glorystar.org)
• Sing with Me – May 1, 2021 Open rehearsal for young singers interested in GCC
• Spring Concert – June 5, 2021
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
The Bender JCC offers enrichment classes in music, dance, and visual & literary arts for children of all ages. Everyone is welcome!
• After School Enrichment Programs: Culinary, Drawing, Painting, Ceramics and Crafts
• Youth dance classes in a variety of disciplines
• Private music instruction for a variety of instruments
• JPlay programs (crafts, music, storytelling)
• Bender-Dosik Parenting Center
• Club J Virtual School day program
• After School programs and School Out Days, K-6
• Sports and Rec: Swimming, Basketball, Soccer, and Multi-sports
*Bender JCC Early Childhood Center uses a play-based curriculum inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach, which enables children to become active learners and engaged classroom participants, and interest-based topic studies invite students to explore the world around them. Applications open in Jan.
• Camp JCC offers specialty camps for visual and theater arts; Applications open in Jan.
Stone Branch School of Art
1331-M Rockville Pike, Rockville, Md. 20852
www.stonebrancharts.com | 301-294-3600
Outstanding individualized art instruction in small class groupings. Unique programs, from foundations through advanced level, fosters confidence, self-discipline, creative and critical thinking. We are dedicated to all students achieving their personal best and being lifelong learners.
• K-12 After school/weekend classes /virtual and in person
• Comic/ Animation//Digital Art/Fashion Design
• High school portfolio development
• Scout merit badge workshops
• Winter /Spring Break/ Summer Camps
• Summer Teen intensive workshops
• Fun Family Events and Workshops
• Birthday Parties/ Exhibits
• Annual student exhibits in our Open Space Gallery
• Professional juried exhibitions
• 10% sibling discounts
VisArts provides a wide variety of media for students of all ages including mosaics, fused glass, painting, drawing, mixed media, ceramics and much more.
• Family Workshops
• Harvest/Winter/Spring/Summer Camps
• 1-2-week sessions (Jun.-Sept.)
• Young Artists for ages 5-6
• Artistic Adventures for ages 7-12
• Arts, Technology, and Movement for ages 7-12
• Teen Camp Intensives: Painting & Drawing and Ceramics
• Extended Care
CREATE Arts Center
CREATE Arts Center in downtown Silver Spring has been bringing high-quality arts programming to children for 30+ years. We offer a wide variety of ONLINE and ONSITE art classes & camps for all ages.
• Art classes (online and onsite) offered weeknights and weekends
• Drawing, Painting, Pottery, Comics & Cartooning, Mixed Media, Art Immersion, and more!
• Art camps when school is out! (kindergarten through age 12)
• Online and onsite camps available for many dates
• Camps follow calendars for MCPS, DCPS, and a variety of private/charter schools
• Fall/winter/spring art camps during holiday breaks
• Summer camps June through August!
• Host an art birthday party at CREATE!
A magical summer awaits! Two Summerstock Camps for ages 8-16. Let your light shine on stage.
Monday – Friday 9:00AM – 3:00PM
• Session 1 – 6/21 – 7/20 A Midsummer Night’s Dream
• Session 2 – 7/19 – 8/7 Quest Theatre
• In-person or Virtual (as County Guidelines permit)
• All actors are assigned roles and receive coaching
• Lots of time for games, making friends & having fun!
Maryland Youth Ballet
MYB provides exceptional training for beginning, intermediate and advanced students at one of the region’s finest schools of classical ballet. Classes offered for ages 2-adult with emphasis on love of dance, personal enrichment, and pre-professional achievement.
• Offering a full schedule of programs that have been re-imagined for both in-studio and virtual training.
• Strict COVID-19 safety protocols in place
• 8-week virtual sessions (ages 2-4)
• Hybrid and all virtual school-year classes for children (ages 5-19)
• Separate program for boys & young men
• Full-day conservatory classes for advanced dancers
• West African dance virtual drop-in workshop Jan-Jun (ages 6-9)
• Adult in-studio and virtual classes, all levels, drop-in, year-round
• Metro Accessible
• Summer classes, workshops, and camps in classical and contemporary ballet, modern and jazz, dance crafts, performance opportunities, and more (ages 2-19)
Round House Theatre
Education Center: 925 Wayne Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Theatre: 4545 East West Highway, Bethesda, MD 20814
www.roundhousetheatre.org | 301-585-1225
Round House Theatre encourages students to develop their artistic voice through a multi-disciplinary approach to theatre that includes acting, design, and playmaking. Until in-person classes can safely resume, we’re committed to continuing the fun and interaction with students in virtual classrooms filled with young artists!
• Theatre Classes – An exciting array of classes for students during the Winter and Spring semesters. (grades K-8)
• Days Off! Play In A Day – Theatrical fun when MCPS takes a day off. (grades K-5)
• Summer Camps – Inspire creativity, exercise imaginations, and bring stories to life! (grades K-12)
• Free Play – FREE tickets for teens and students to Round House virtual productions during the 2020-2021 Season
• Teen Performance Company – A production directed, designed, and performed by high school students
• Purchase tickets online or call 240-644-1100
Dance Exchange expands who gets to dance, where dance happens, what dance is about, and why dance matters. Join us online for a family movement class or in-person in the spring for socially-distanced outdoor workshops.
● Family MOVES, an online class for everyone! Move with a mix of families, professionals, and community members of all ages, backgrounds, and levels. Classes are led by DX artists.
● Saturdays, 11:00-11:45am via Zoom
● $10 drop-in per household
● Register: bit.ly/dxfamilymoves
● Moving Field Guide Family Workshops: Gain a deeper understanding of—and connection to—your local environment and community with an outdoor movement workshop for youth and adults.
● Sundays March 21, April 18, May 16, 2:00-3:30pm
● Locations and additional information coming soon: bit.ly/mfgfamilyworkshops
Word Dance Theater
7117 Maple Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912
www.worddance.com/youth-program | 703-915-8897
Nature-based movement classes for youth in the technique and philosophy of Isadora Duncan, the Mother of Modern Dance. Students honor the dance within themselves and each other through natural movements of the human body including leaping, waltzing, running, and walking through poetry and myths, fostering creativity, strength, and reflection.
• Winter Session: Jan. 19 – March 9
• Spring Session: March 23 – May 11
• Tuesday afternoons
• Classes by age: 5-7, 8-11, 12+
• Virtual weekly synchronous classes over zoom until safe to resume in person
• Register online
• Duncan Dance Celebration in May
• Early bird registration discount through if you register by December 20
• 10% Sibling discount