The department is particularly interested in applicants within the disciplines of piano/collaborative piano, double reeds, French horn, flute ensemble, and low brass
Adjunct Job Description
Facilitate Student Learning:
- Facilitate student mastery of core learning outcomes using the most relevant and scholarly and artistic tools and practices available in the discipline.
- Actively engage students in critical thinking, meta-cognitive processes, and advancement of critical essential communication skills.
- Infuse multicultural and diverse perspectives into the instructional process as appropriate and conduct classes in a manner that demonstrates respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Model and cultivate open-minded inquiry, an appreciation for diverse perspectives, and creative problem-solving.
- Maintain currency in academic discipline and pedagogy.
- Submit syllabi and other instructional materials in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular communication with students and, when appropriate, use the Student Success Alert notification process.
- Assess student work in a timely manner and submit course grades by the posted deadline.
- Online course instructors will respond to student email inquiries within 24-36 hours.
- Use the FCC email account provided for them to communicate with the College, faculty, staff, and students. Share this information with their students.
- Seek out current developments and information within discipline.
- Identify and implement, as appropriate, innovative pedagogical practices.
- Strive to understand and use technology as it applies to pedagogical standards of delivery within the discipline and as it is appropriate for the student population.
- Apply technology or other skills to tasks designated by the administration and professional development opportunities.
- Participate in New Adjunct Orientation, Adjunct Nights, and other professional training provided by the College for which adjunct faculty will be additionally compensated.
- Collect and submit required student learning outcomes (SLO) and general education assessment data for courses under review.
- Submit required employment documentation, including all official post-secondary transcripts, in a timely manner.
- Complete Title IX Sexual Misconduct, safety and security, and other required training.
- Communicate to students evacuation, lockdown, and other safety protocols during the first class session and repeat as necessary after the last add date.
- Teach both credit and non-credit (Cadence) students, which include a wide range of ages and ability levels.
Read more and apply.